Starting a new grow - Afghan Kush Ryder

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jahlovepeace, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Hey everyone,
    So I'm debating how I want to start my outdoor grow and I would like to get some opinions.

Strain: Afghan Kush Ryder Auto
    Soil: Pro Mix BX, worm castings and perlite.
    Nutrients: Fox Farm Grow Big and Tiger Bloom
    Pots: Start them in party cups and then transfer to final 3 gallon pots

Method #1
    Place the seeds in party cups with sandwich bags over top and put outside in the sun.

Method #2
    Germinate the seeds using the paper-towel method, then put them in party cups under a 400w HPS until sprouted and then put outside.

What method do you think would be best?

2. well 3 things 1. germination is better than planting from seed.
    2. as far as method i mix two methods.. i do the shotglass water method for 48 hrs and then the paper towl method for another 24....100 % germination....
    3. Sprouting inside is best as you can control the enviroment. thus making it grow strong. without having to deal with the variables of outside. THink of it like a child. as children we keep them close and provide for them so they can grow strong. then at 18 we let them out to roam free. inside seedlings is providing for them growing then strong

3. None of the above. Soak seeds 24 hours plant seeds in peat pellets under a dome( tupper ware). When seeds pop plant in final pot( peferable a 5 gallon smart pot) then put them under veg lights or straight outdoors.

4. Interesting, I was assuming 3 gallon would be large enough for afghan auto's, you don't think so?

5. .... 3 gallons is on the lower end of acceptable for them and 5 is on the higher... ideally 4.. but if you got 3´s those work. And yes 70sdivers method sounds fine if your stuck on planting from seed. germination occurs in a totally controlled enviroment.. generlly making it better for the seed.

6. Awesome thanks man.

I have another question, once I germinate the seeds and plant them in the soil should I wait until they sprout to put them under the 400w HPS, or put them under right away?

7. um, it doesnt really matter... they shouldnt be exposed to light but the soil blocks out the light... personlly i put them straight under the lights so when they pop they have light right away and not only when i notice they popped and then have tghe time to put them under the lights