Starting a late grow... suggestions?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Kodiak17, Jul 24, 2013.

1. I have 3 Dutch Passion Frisian Dew seeds that are apparently supposed to flower quick. But I won't be able to start germinating till August or the week after the first. I live in North Eastern Pennsylvania. I really, really don't want to try an indoor grow at this point. What are my chances of getting a decent yield by early October? Looking for at least an ounce per plant... Any tips on trying to accelerate veg. stage to develop bigger buds in a short amount of time?

2. Sorry bro you can't rush nature..

You may still yield something. Its just a case of whether its ready before your first frost (not from America so I have no idea when this may be). If you do go through with this all I can suggest is let them go as long as you can, either way your girls wont go into flowering until they are mature enough, so it may potentially cause a dud harvest, but I genuinely don't know as I've never started so late outdoors.

3. #3 Kodiak17, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2013
    Haha unfortunately. I tried my first grow this past June and they over stretched and all died. So I put another $50 into some more seeds... really hoping to come out on the positive end, financially speaking, this time. So what if I grew outside till late September and transplanted them indoors with their own light. If I did that for flowering, wouldn't it theoretically get me a proper grow cycle?

4. Im thinking about doing the same thing, but first need to know if ittl work....

5. I mean there's a lot of variables, but I'd like to know my chances. 

6. Alright bro. What you need to do is figure out when your first frost is. And also figure out when 12/12 starts in your area.

Either way just germinate the seeds and plant them. Use like 5 gallon pots so you can move them inside if need be. You shouldn't need to transplant them inside during flower. You should be able to just move them. Also LST (google it bro) so that they don't grow too tall for your house while outside. Know the measurements of your room. Don't let the plant get too big for your room+lights+the other plants.

They might finish outside. Let them grow till at least a couple weeks before your first frost. If they aren't done or they look like they aren't gonna be done then get some cfls and finish those bitches inside.

7. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

First frost varies in my area, but by the 1st-2nd week of October my time will be up. I'll have to look at photoperiods. I think I might just go for it and pray they get big. I'm planting them out in the shrubs/field outside of my property. Still in eyesight from the house, so I'll definitelt research LST options. Thanks.

8. Okay plants are entering flower right now in the northern hemisphere, what does that tell you?

"12/12"means jack shit oudoors, plants will flower(if they're sexually mature) around 14 hours of light per day.

So your seeds will germ, veg for 20-30 days, then start to flower. Yield, if you were able to finish, would be in the 1/4-1/2 oz area per female plant.

9. I would save the seeds for a better time. Your odds aren't good.

Honestly thats not that bad. I was reading about only getting a gram each plant on some late grows. Still contemplating. Will seeds be fine till next spring if I save a few?

11. Seeds can stay viable with little work for years.

Just toss em in a cool dark place with some dessicant(that slilica stuff they use to keep pills and other crap dry) in a ziplock. Try to avoids extremes in temp. That simple.

12. Guess I'll keep the bonus seeds from Herbies and plant the Frisian Dew and see what happens.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. my guess if you try to grow your plant in 2 months you will yeild close to nothing
    esp if you are starting in aug. you should have started in march...

14. Well no shit...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app