Started my outdoor indoors.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Chronitron, Apr 12, 2008.

1. This is my first Grow Journal that I've posted pictures in and actually think I will be keeping up. I started these on 3.15.2008 and just did the first transplant today 4.11.2008 into 6 inch pots.

Right now I have the plants under t-8 shop lights hanging from a pair of sawhorses. I keep the plants under this light during the dark hours and then put them outside as soon as I wake up until it gets dark again. Eventually when the days get longer and warmer and the plants get big enough to survive without my intervention I will be putting them outside to take off.

I germinated 5 Purple Widow, 4 White Rhino, 1 Bubble Gum x Hindu Kush, 4 RomBerry x White Widow on March 15 and put them into the dirt.

Here are pictures from March 24 2008.

[​IMG]
    White Rhino

[​IMG]
    White Rhino

[​IMG]
    Purple Widow

[​IMG]
    RomBerry x White Widow

[​IMG]
    RomBerry x White Widow

[​IMG]
    Bubble Gum x Hindu Kush

[​IMG]
    Bubble Gum x Hindu Kush

More pictures to come when I can find my camera cord again.

2. These pictures are from April 8. Three days before doing transplants. Pictures tomorrow when I can find them.

Day 24 for All pictures below

Bubble gum x Hindu Kush
    [​IMG]

Puple Widow
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

White Rhino
    [​IMG]

RomBerry x White Widow
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. You dont seem to be having that much look with them as they dont seem very big or healthy.

Where are they, try them on a windowsill. upstairs facing south if at all possible as they do pretty well there normally.

4. They are under a t-8 shoplight at night and under the sunlight during the day. Right now they have some iron deficiency that I am currently fixing. They aren't that big yet I know, it's early. Plus I live right next to the ocean and it's still only about 55 degrees in the hottest part of the day, so the cold has something to do with it.

5. Picked up some new clones on 4/20: Snow Cap, LA Confidential, Blue Dream, RomBerry and Avalon. I will have more pictures up tomorrow night of everything I have going on.

Another big update - I just got kicked down the entire line of House and Garden Nutrients. These are the same people who make Canna nutrients, just in better form and concentration.

Started using them on 4/22 starting with the Aarde A and Aarde B and the Rootstimulator. Next week I will be adding another nutrient from the line for their late veg stage. I will leave them in their veg room for about 3 more weeks while using these nutrients before putting them outside and letting them get settled in.

I also just took my babies from being only 1 inch or so off the ground to being 6 inches off the ground with a heating pad underneath them to keep the soil warm to help with growth and prevent cold shock (why I think they've stayed so small).

They are out of their 16oz. cups and now put into 6 inch pots and 3 of them have been put into 3 gallon pots to see what they would do.

[​IMG]
    back left - RomBerry x White Widow
    back right - Purple Widow
    front left - White Rhino
    front right - Purple Widow

[​IMG]
    back - LA Confidential
    front - White Rhino

[​IMG]
    LA Confidential - clone

[​IMG]
    back left, right - RomBerry x White Widow
    front left - Purple Widow
    front right - Avalon - clone

6. Sorry I haven't been posting my progress. We've been having some weird weather around here and it's been affecting my girls outside now but they're getting along.

Here's some pictures before I put them outside and some pictures of the green house and how they've come along.

Before they went outside (2 weeks ago)
    [​IMG]</a>

[​IMG]</a>

[​IMG]</a>

The Green House (pictures taken yesterday)
    [​IMG]</a>

[​IMG]</a>

[​IMG]</a>

[​IMG]</a>

[​IMG]</a>

[​IMG]</a>

[​IMG]</a>

7. Here's what they're looking like today and some pictures from the last few days.

[​IMG]</a>

There's one White Rhino growing in particular that I can't help but notice. One May 29 it was 17 inches tall, today on June 1 it is 22 1/2 inches tall. :hello:

[​IMG]</a>

I love it. They're doing so well. :hello:

[​IMG]</a>

A little bit of burn from where I touched her with nutrients. Other than that this one came to me when she was 2 weeks old drooping and dying and now look at her; a bush of glory. :hello:

[​IMG]</a>

Look at how tall those top nodes are! When I measured earlier today they were about 10 inches. :hello:

8. [​IMG]</a>

Yep. The White Rhino that was doing the best as far as growth has been confirmed a male. 24 inches tall today. I'm just going to bring it into the kitchen and water it with tap water. It'll make a nice house plant :)

9. just saw your outdoor stuff
    have totally no exp in outdoor or soil

ill wach it anyway

10. Sup man, looks like you have some interesting strains. Also looks like you have quite the outdoor operation going on. Humboldt baby! Keep it up man.

11. OK guys. I haven't posted in a few days, or has it been weeks? Either way it's been awhile. Here's pictures of the 10 females we have left in the Green House.

Here's an update on what's been going on since I posted last:
    - Got a case of Spider Mites, but it's under control with the help of Eco-Neem and Old Age Kelp.
    - Pulled 13 males from 23 plants put outdoors.
    - Took clones from LA Confidential, Blue Dream and Purple Widow.
    - Began using a Foliar Feeder - Magic Green from House and Garden.
    - Picked up some SuperThrive that will be added in the next feeding.
    - Plants have started to flower.
    - Starting Low Stress Training to expose lower branches to the light.

On with the pictures.
    [​IMG]</a>

RomBerry

[​IMG]</a>

RomBerry

[​IMG]</a>

RomBerry x White Widow

[​IMG]</a>

Blue Dream under LST

[​IMG]</a>

That's how I have the LST set up.

[​IMG]</a>

LA Confidential under LST.

[​IMG]</a>

Purple Widow under LST (only the longer lower branches).

[​IMG]</a>

Even my dog loves the sight of it!

[​IMG]</a>

Did a good FIM on this one. 3 tops :). I have another one I didn't get a picture of that has 4 tops coming off of it. I had some with 6 and 9 tops but they were males.

I'll be posting pics once a week here now. Every Friday :).

12. laughed pretty hard at this one, nice grow, I have to ask, your plants grow fine with that tent around them right, sunlight penetrates the tent pretty good?

13. Yes. The guys at the hydro shop tried to get me to go with 10mil visqueen for 500.00 to get that tent done. I went to the hardware store and picked up some 4mil for 30.00. Big savings!

But to answer your question, yes it does let enough light penetrate through. It's even great on super cloudy days letting the plants get good ample light.

14. Here's some pictures of the line up taken today. Picture follwed by strain. Enjoy :)

[​IMG]</a>

Shot of the garden going in the door. Just got the tomato out of thereand getting ready to move those little seedlings to make room for the great expansion to come.

[​IMG]</a>
    RomBerry x White Widow plant 1.

[​IMG]</a>

RomBerry x White Widow plant 2

[​IMG]</a>

Purple Widow plant 1. This one and her sister plant caught a case of mites and it's currently under control with neem and kelp. :)

[​IMG]</a>
    Purple Widow plant 2. They both have 4 main tops.

[​IMG]</a>

White Rhino. Look, three tops!

[​IMG]</a>

Snow Cap.

[​IMG]</a>

Avalon.

[​IMG]</a>

RomBerry.

[​IMG]</a>
    LA Confidential day 1 of LST.

[​IMG]</a>

LA Confidential look at her now.

[​IMG]</a>
    Blue Dream

[​IMG]</a>
    Blue Dream. The buds are starting to come in :).

[​IMG]</a>
    Blue Dream. Do you see all those tops growing up from this plant? I counted 27 :D

15. wow thats a really cool setup and nice healthy looking plants good luck ill be pulling up a chair :D

16. more pictures to come tomorrow. I have a 9 day, day-to-day growth set of pictures to put up. AMAZING! these things have all doubled in size.

17. nice looking start:)

good luck bro!

18. if you keep having mite problems you need to bomb the shit out of your tent before waiting untill its too late and your crops will be worthless. not kidding. if they come back later in flower your fuct. its one thing controlling them indoors but outdoors them little bastards are everywhere, and unless you nuke the shit out of them they will keep coming back.:smoke:

19. Forgot to mention that. I did a Neem/Kelp foliar treatment. It did the trick. I haven't seen any mites in my green house since I started on 6/13. Granted its only been 2 weeks, but usually I would see them back by now.

20. Coming along nice Chronitron, I love outdoor/greenhouse grows so I will be keeping an eye on this one. Good Luck my man:wave: