Started first grow and any advice is welcome!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by cannadave, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Hello all. I have been lurking on the forums for a bit and decided to start my first grow after having another cancer scare :eek::):)(Turned out not to be cancer this time thank god!):D I did lots wrong at first but I think I have it under control right now. Using CFL and one small LED. I will be getting more LED's as I can afford them. I just put them on 12/12 today. I now I am praying that there are some girls in the bunch. Hard to tell from the pict but there are 4 plants. 3 are healthy. One... not so much. They were grown form what might be White Widow. The person I got the bag from thought it was. If any of you out there can tell anything about the origins of the plant form the photo please let me know.

Be well!
    Be Happy!
    Be Free!
    ------------
    CannaD

Attached Files:

2. how many watts of light do you have on the 4 plants?? does not look like enough and you will want 2700k clfs for flowering they look good dude really good as soon as you know the sex hit them with the 2700ks

3. you can tell male or female before flower i believe. look if it has balls where the new growth is. then its a male

4. congrats on the no cancer!! and welcome to gc. tips... bigger the pots the better. the more hps light the better. i am growing white widow now. great plant so far. start nutes now. i start when i start flowering. sex should show in a week or so. good luck blade!! see you 'round.

5. they come in when it starts flowering

6. As far as lighting goes I am using 4 echosmart 19/75W CFL and one 12/150w LED (Sunshine Systems GSSPOT GrowSpot Mixed Spectrum LED) I plan on picking up one more LED next week.

CFL=> 19-Watt (75W) Daylight Household CFL Light Bulbs (2-Pack)-ES5M819250K at The Home Depot

LED=>[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sunshine-Systems-GSSPOT-GrowSpot-Spectrum/dp/B001Q1MT74/]Amazon.com: Sunshine Systems GSSPOT GrowSpot Mixed Spectrum LED Grow Light Bulb E39: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

7. Just an update. Things seem to be going well. About 1 week in to 12/12... Just took it down to 11/13 after doing dome reading. Please send good thoughts to my babies, cross fingers for fem plants :) I put 3 2700 CLF 22/110W lights so I think I have more than enough lighting now. Just a reminder... If anyone has an idea as to what strain this looks like please let me know.

Be well!
    Be Happy!
    Be Free!
    ------------
    CannaD

Attached Files:

8. more cfls. get them further apart so that you can surround the colas with them. that would be the best way to get dense buds with cfls.

9. I did not have any time to look at my babies yesterday and when I looked today 2 of the plants are female! :) the two Most healthy at that. The others are not showing there sex yet but I am happy now no matter what they are. I will try to post new picts soon.