Start of the 5th Week

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by FLgrowMan, Apr 24, 2015.

1. So I am wondering if someone could give me there input on this issue.... Currently growing KC Brains Spontanica currently going into the 5th week of flower, been running FloraNova Bloom Lewis recipe, all good so far until last week I started to notice yellowing on some of the leaves and I thought it was light burn ( running 250W hps cool tube room stays at a solid 78 and 47% Humidity daytime )... Havent had any problems but I am wondering if this is normal for a 8 week strain or is this something else   

Attached Files:

2. Are all of those in flower...?

You have a few issues going on. First, you need more light.  Second, find the largest roughtote that will fit on that plastic shelf and get the ones that arent flowering yet in more soil.  For the flowering plant you have to flush and then flush again. You can try adding epsom salt and lime if thats in your budget....

Roots need to be relaxed and have tons of space to move into. If they are all jammed up you are guaranteed to have salt buildup.

3. Im actually using a 50/50 coco perlite mix with a DTW drip system in coco and use the small 2 gallon pots for that reason and they water a few times a day. I would agree with you if I were growing in soil and I agree with you that I need more light but for the one plant its ok for now

The others are in flower as well just a few weeks behind and on there own schedule....

So all that being said your conclusion is a salt build up..... or nutrient burn....  

4. Cal def Google it [​IMG]
    Have the same problem in coco from time to time.  Make sure your Ph is 5.8-6.3 tho I like my Ph in coco 5.5-6.0 or maybe just not enough Cal in your Tap and nutes.

5. ive never said this to anyone but here it goes USE LESS NITROGEN

your fan leaf in that picture is stretchin'

6. Yeah I was thinking that I started out with way to much nitrogen but now Im running lewis ( 8ml / G ) FloraNova Bloom and thats it 500ppm 
    Ill add some calcium and see if that helps, I always thought coco caused cal def but only to a point... as you can see the others are looking good and green and its running the same thing in the same thing.. I agree with the too much N tho 

7. So I flushed her and I'm running just water to make sure its not nutrient burn and it seems to be getting worse.... is it calcium?

8. Additional factors to help diagnose = My leaves are brittle and seem dry... even the green ones that have no signs of the issue

9. It's Ca deficit ... I'd keep the ph as stable as possible and add Cal/Mag, especially if using RO water. Ca deficit appears from lack thereof or a skewed medium ph.

10. I have kept my ph at 5.8-6.5 on the high end rarely, but I do have one issue, I don't have access to calcium nutrients for a few days and want to get started on this asap, any tips to add calcium like home remedies for the time being?

11. Yeah I realize that now and I believe that what was the cause of all this, I got my ph back down to 5.5-5.8, staying under 6 for sure.... Will any of the damage leaves revive or should I cut them off? 

12. Damage will remain, don't worry about the way she looks. Keep your ph sorted and you'll be fine as long as you don't over-feed.