Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Staring to learn how to blow glass. Pictures!!!

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Bobbert, May 25, 2006.

1. ima hit you up with some reppage, but only because i think youlle be makin some sweet ass pieces in the future. :D

2. damn thats pretty cool, but one of my questions is how do you get it to have different colors; do u have to use different colors of glass? but nice job dude rep+ for trying something i have wanted to do for a long time.

3. Well I went back buy his house today. We had an hour and a half session. I madetwo marbles and I pressed one in to a flat coint for a pendent and made the other one in to a marble although it was not perfectly round. I am getting the feel for it more, I am much better and spinning and keeping the holt liquid all even and straight while stillt rying to melt it in to a ball form. It is easy and at the same time very hard. You just have to get that sense memory so you can do things quickly with out thinking about it. Dealing with spinning, and evertyhing in a 3d space and then throing a flam in that melts the glass as your working with it kinds of makes it a little tough. If anyone knows anything about glass blowing I have been making slump marbles. You start out with a ball of glass and press it in to a thick coin. Then you add thin stirps of color rod to add little dots of color or designs. Then you take that deisgn and start slumping the marble in to the center of the liquid and then the ourside moves around and in so eventually everything you put on the flat side of the "coin" shape is int he middle of the marble. I am just rambling now...

4. My mom was looking into glass blowing classes for me. She said that she would get off my back about smoking if I would make something productive out of it. I've looked to no avail though.

:hello:eric:hello:

5. Bobbert's Bong Emporium :rolleyes:

Im gonna stop by the local community college and see if they have glass blowing classes. I'll pay a few hundred for a couple months of work, hell yes!

6. That's what I like to hear... :hello: Good luck...

7. That is seriously fucking cool. I've looked into local classes and they were pretty expensive. I might look elsewhere just to see if I can find cheaper rates. I absolutely love glass work!

8. thats really cool, someday i hope to get lessons. I think it would be pretty hard though. Keep up the good work.

9. I went again tonight. Still a little torch drunk from it. I started out poorly and fucked up 2 marbels. I got 2 made one medium and one x-tra large marble. The x-tra large one should be fucking sweet.

10. I can't wait to see!! Hey did you get a pm from me? I am not really sure if I did that right.

11. <o:p> </o:p>
    Yes I did. Thanks for the heads-up on that. I will have to going it in a few days. I just bought my first pair of Didymium glasses on eBay, the suckers were 140 bucks, oh well I really need them. I am going to sasquatch tomorrow so not more glass blowing till Monday night :) although the camping, weed smoking and general music festivities will keep me entertained enough hopefully. Robert said that me and my friend are doing really well for our 3<sup>rd</sup> day.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

12. Glass Blowing...dam bobbert... Congrats on the your first piece of the glass blowing experience!

13. Nice glass so far, I could probly only make 3rd degree burns and a building in ashes if I ever tried ;(

Im taking a pre introductory course in art because its a requirment in Glass Blowing! Yeah, love how you can really take ANY course in college. This goes awesome with my bowling class and ultimate frisbee.