Star Wars the Old Republic will be free to play in a year

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Deleted member 472633, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Oh but since it's obvious that there are a decent amount of players on this forum, we should start a guild or something.

2. Guild Wars 2 actually looks like an original MMO, and it's free to play. I'm probably gonna hold out for that one.

3. Same thing happened to me. Here is what you need to do, go into your account and make sure all of your security questions are filled out then reset your password. It will work after that.

4. Yeah GW2 is my last hope for a decent MMO sometime in the near future. I'm not getting excited over it though. The current MMO formula is just too dated to be enjoyable anymore.

5. All I see is WoW talk, lol, are you reading the general chat? maybe you rolled a good server

Textures are garbage in this game

6. the server I rolled on never mentioned wow once

I was pleasantly surprised with my experience on the beta, unfortunately it was cut short by my piece of shit video card which is in the process of being replaced by a 6870 thats on its way as I type.

7. I've played MMOs for years and been in meny mmo beta. SWTOR is a good game. yea its a lil buggy but shit all mmos are(and it is still beta). The stories are good if you follow them. questing is A LOT better the any other mmo ive played. combat is fine. PvP is the worst thing IMO and its still good. its only bad because how its set up where you play people that are double your level but your stats get enhanced. skills make a huge difference in mmos.

8. I just wish I got some more time to play, damn video card.

I have so many friends getting it though. I'll just get it as a christmas gift.

Super excited to get a new video card haha.

Breathe some life into my machine.

9. #29 Broosh, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2011
    if you don't like it, don't play it. but it's not going to go free in 1 year, that's ignorant.

stop comparing every MMO to WoW. where do you think WoW got it's idea from? EQ. where do you think EQ got it's appeal from? some 2D game that i can't remember the name of. and also, about the PvP being unbalanced. i think when i played WoW, there were arguments that: druids were OP, warlocks were OP, rogues were OP. guess what happened ? WoW balanced them out.

it's stupid. the star wars game will do amazing because 1) it's star wars, and 2) it's new, and highly anticipated

if you don't like it, don't play it. but don't bash it because you can't accept it.

yeah, PvP is unbalanced right now. guess what? that's what PATCHES ARE FOR. that's what BETA IS FOR, so people can send it tickets about it.

the quests are easy in the beginning just like every other MMO ever produced....what? you want to make them super hard so people stray away from it and just grind? the point of beginning levels is to get used to the game, not everyone is going to be a pro at it.

the storyline and diversity is amazing. 18 different crafting abilities? that's awesome. based on yoru conversations with NPC, you can gain/lose affection with your companion? i haven't seen that anywhere else. your ability to make decisions based on light/dark so you could be a dark sided jedi or a light sided sith? that's awesome.

the quests bring you from one land to another, and you don't have to go out of your way to find random quests. you don't have to go to a random swamp and say "oh wow here's a random NPC with a quest with an awesome reward", because the quests that they provide, bring you to that point. and the whole "bonus" quests? that's a great idea because it keeps you interested, so you dont' rush to that area, do the initial quest and leave. SW:TOR has implemented so many different aspects that i haven't seen in any MMO's before (or done poorly in MMO's). also, don't even get me STARTED on space combat, shit's ridiculous. if you don't like it, don't play it. and anyway, D3 > SWTOR, but i'll be playing both.

tl;dr : lolimmad, D3 > SWTOR

10. What a bitchy little fanboy, I've never played World of Warcraft in my life. Obviously you didn't read my post, you just came here to throw shit around without even understanding why the thread was made.

11. #31 Broosh, Nov 29, 2011
    what a bitchy little fanboy? lol. i come into the thread with a logical opinion and you come in with insults. my biggest insult was "if you dont like it, don't play it".

your title of the thread shows why you made it, so i'm pretty sure i "understand why the thread was made." and just because YOU made the thread doesn't mean that the WoW statements were directed towards YOU. other people chimed in on their opinion, so maybe i was referring to them. did you think about that?

i don't know how i'm a star wars fanboy when i haven't even seen all the movies, or played kotor or anything else, the only star wars game i've played was SWG like 8 years ago rofl. get real.

12. Played the beta for about an hour and was completely boooooored.

13. #33 Broosh, Nov 29, 2011
    the beginning of any MMO is generally boring because they have to have it in the perspective of someone who's completely new to MMO. but if you've played MMO's before (like i've played WoW, Vanguard, Age of Conan, etc. etc.), it does get dull. but once you initially get out of the initial planet, it gets a lot more exciting, with the introduction of companions/speeders/flashpoints/heroics/ship battles/etc.

for those who didn't try ship combat, it's surprisingly fun.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu4KCIT8-D8[/ame]

14. I think I may just be over MMO's, at least the current style. Played WoW, then Warhammer, back to WoW, tried Aion, then played Rift..couldn't even manage to get to max level in Rift cause it just got real old.

Only game I play is D2..still, how sad. :(

15. well i'll see you in D3 then :p i played Warhammer too, there were jsut too many disappointments for me as far as MMO's go, i thought i was over it too.

but i was entertained with SWTOR, i liked how i could level without having to grind out the last part of the level every time, simply doing the quest would progress me as it should.

16. I didn't like it when i first played. But i think i had skyrim fever lol. Got into beta again and now i love it. Its not for everyone i guess but hey that's most mmos. Bioware has yet to make a bad game that i have seen

17. I changed my mind hahaha this game looks really cool.. Most likely going to pick it up on release date... Definitely should start a guild weed related, would be awesome.

To beta players.. Can anyone tell me if there's like bosses to kill with a group of friends or something that drops like loot? I don't really understand the currency and weapon system as well so if anyone would like to explain how it is.. That'd be great :D

18. to dom: yes, they're called "flashpoints". i think the first one is Black Talon at around lvl 12, Hammer Station around 18/19, Athis around 24.

19. Awesome.. Can you kill these at will for like rare drops and shit? Really likin' this game now that I've seen all these videos on it. Cutscenes look dopeee

20. yeah. from my experiences, flashpoints don't really drop a lot of random loot, but the bosses obviously have good loot.

what i do like about flashpoints, is that their quests are repeatable for exp.