STANDING vs SITTING: Which way do you wipe tour ass?

Discussion in 'General' started by the chronic, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. An article I read Sitters Vs. Standers â€â€œ The Great Wipe Hope - Open mailbag tuesday - Deadspin

Apparently there's another way to wipe your ass. Some of us sit down, and some of us stand up. Which are you?

THE CHALLENGE: if your a sitter, try it standing up. If your a stander, try it sitting down. Who knows, maybe the other way is better.

Personally I stand up and i don't know but I feel like I might be the minority. There are some really interesting quotes in the article. Here are some of them, they may give you a different perspective on the subject.

The hygiene factor:

"I wiped standing as a kid then switched to doing it while sitting. Wiping while standing closes your asshole and prevents an even mediocre wipe. I had constant shit stains when I used to wipe standing, which is horrible for a kid whose mom bought him tighty whities growing up."

"Standing while wiping is the only way to go. One hand (my left) pulls my buttcheek to the side while the other cleans the affected area. It's flawless... I think if I wiped while sitting, I'd end up with poop all over my arm."

The standing argument for appreciation of ones work:

"I had a friend who used to always stand to wipe. It wasn't because of how he was raised, or race or anything like that. No, he stood so he could check out his handiwork and if he was suitably impressed, he would move to the next stall over and wipe there leaving his magnificence for all to see."

Short, tall, or fat:

"My friends and I once spent an entire afternoon discussing it, and the emerging theory was that it was a function of height. If you're 5'10 or over, you stand. If you're under, you sit. One corollary: fat people sit regardless."

There's also the transition technique:

"I find it interesting that so many people don't know about standing (or sitting down) to wipe. Because I do both. I like to sit faithfully for the first few wipes (who has the energy/patience to stand that whole time?), then transition to standing for the last wipe of the sequence. I feel like I end up with a cleaner product."

And "The Washington" technique:

"I normally didn't like standing when wiping until I figured out the perfect compromise - putting one foot on the seat whilst wiping. I call it "The Washington", because when I put my right foot on the seat I feel like I'm George Washington crossing the Delaware to sneak attack the Hessian troops...which is yet another way to associate shit with the German populace."

So, which are you?

2. someone had this thread up earlier today I believe, but I too am a stander. It's far too awkward to be sitting down and having to wipe.

3. I don't wipe. I just take a shit and pull my pants up.

It sure saves trees.

4. sitter. I can honestly say I've never stood to wipe or even knew it was a common practice. ahahaha. funny thread

5. Whoa, this shit just blew my mind. It never even occured to me that people did it standing up, that seems almost out of this world to me, but I guess a good portion of people do it. Im 5'10" and I sit :) . It just seems like you will get crap all over your ass if you stood up, dunno maybe ill try it some time haha.

6. shit i didn't see it

7. haha, you can't have enough thread about shitting or asses.

8. standing. I didnt know people wiped sitting down haha. How do you get your hand under your ass when your sitting?

9. I squat.

:cool:

That way my ass cheeks don't close and I don't put my hand near shit water.

10. Same here~ I squat~ But with tissue all around

11. Holy shit,somebody actually made this thread before?:laughing:

12. sitting...wtf?:confused:

13. I don't think we need another standing or sitting thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.