Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Standard Urinalysis Test - Transport Canada Medical

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by CanadianTraveller96, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Hello GrassCity Family !

I've always browsed but never posted - but I need some help from my fellow seasoned tokers.

I have a transport canada medical exam coming up, for a job offer I received from a seafaring company.

I was just curious, as I know that THC will still show up on a drug screen.
    My question is, and I've been told multiple things, will I fail the Transport Canada Medical Exam if I have THC in my system?

The reason I am asking, is because when I received this job offer, about a week ago, I stopped smoking.
    But I have been smoking for a LONG time, and I know it will more than likely still show up in my system.

I did ask the receptionist when I was booking the medical, and she mentioned that they don't really look for that, and that it is a standard urinalysis test. I just wanted some input from someone who has actually COMPELTED this medical... I just don't want to lose out on this opportunity because of something that is completely legal in my home country.

2. A standard uranalysis doesn't check for drugs. I have no idea if that place drug tests though. While they could run the tests from the same specimen it would be two different tests.

3. The standard urinalysis would be a 5 panel and tests all major drug categories including THC. I don’t know if it is different in Canada. I’m in the US and can only vouch for what happens here. As for the receptionist, she’s exactly that, a receptionist. I wouldn’t trust her with anything except taking phone calls and making appointments. Just sayin. I hope everything works out for you.

4. A standard urinalysis does not check for drugs.