Stabilizing my hybrids?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by Noam Chongsky, Dec 16, 2012.

1. This is my first ever question for all those big, juicy brains out there.

Using the Colloidal Silver method on a clone that i've had in circulation now for around 10 years. Not sure what variety she is, but I've always called her Yummy. I guess i'l have to change that now, as I see the CBD crew have stolen my name lol.

After isolating the plant in a Secret Jardin ds60. I allowed the seeds to develop for around 6 weeks under a 250Whps + 200w daylight cfl . I also placed a few other - non shocked females in the tent with it, just too see what would happen.

The outcome was several thousand feminized seeds, I've matured approximately 40 of them now and every single one is different.
    Some are absolutely terrible - some are totally chronic.

Because i cannot guarantee what the final product would be like - I've been giving these seeds away to anyone who wants them.

MY QUESTION IS:
    How does one breed desirable characteristics into a plant?

Noam the inquisitive.

2. When you use silver you are supposed to pollinate another plant, im not sure if the seeds from the same plant you sprayed are viable.

I would suggest first reading the sticky at the top of the page, the art of breeding cannabis by dj short, if you are looking to learn how to obtain certain traits.

3. Yeah thanks MfBaker, I posted this thread and then saw that. I want DJ short to come and live at my house.

The colloidal silver is sprayed onto young flowering females, it appears to have a toxic affect on the plant as it turns them very yellow.

The plant is aware that it is dying and that it hasn't been pollinated. The stress encourages the plant into producing a small amount of pollen. As far as i'am aware, this is something that all cannabis plants can do, when the going get tough.

Providing that you are sure the plant is 100% female (a clone of a feminized seed) and the plant you intend to pollinate is again - 100% female - the outcome can only be 100% female seeds (1% hermis), as no male DNA was present. Plants which you have sprayed are no good for smoking - they contain lots of silver which you do not want to inhale.

Has no one else ever tried this?

4. oh sorry. Yes the self-pollinated plants seeds are also viable.

5. #5 Thom Cruz, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2012
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDkqZ5yY83Y&playnext=1&list=PL7F0A7E813D5FC731&feature=results_video]TH Seeds Cannabis Breeding - YouTube[/ame]

This helped me a bit.

edit: I believe you're looking for something called cubing.