SSH's Northern Lights PC Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by SSH, Aug 13, 2011.

1. FYI: even letting city water sit out won't get rid of all of the chlorine and fluorine. They now use a chemical that won't dissipate out.

She's beautiful by the way :)

2. Really nice job SSH! Amazing how different she looks after working on her! I'm hoping everything settled out with her. I got to get going on my scrogg screen pretty soon I think.;):smoke:

3. Any updates SSH? Did she recover?

4. This looks great! are you still growing in the pc? how many lumens per a bulb and how many bulbs right now?

5. Day 65: I went away for four days so I wasn't able to tend to her, but I came back and she looks like she's hanging in there. She was wilted from lack of water, but she'll bounce back no problem. The yellowing doesn't seem to be any worse so that's good. And I'm using 3 bulbs now at 23w each, no idea of their lumen output.

Next time I feed her I'll do some more tucking of branches, especially around the part that looks fairly empty of buds (top left). :smoke:

[​IMG]

6. She's looking great SSH! Stupid question, but is Day 65, total days? If so how many days have you been flowering?

7. Thanks Z! She's been in 12/12 for 29 days, and it's been 26 days since she showed her pistols.

8. Really good job man, solid bush!

9. yeah looks great how much is dry weight looking ? how many days till harvest?

10. Thanks! :D

I have no idea on the dry weight, can't even predict at this point. I'm still about 4-6 weeks away from harvest. I'm at 28 days of flowering today.

Day 67 (28 flowering) : She was real thirsty from not being fed so had to feed her again today. Had to tie her down again and do some tucking since she exploded after being so dry. She's looking good though!

[​IMG]

11. just started following your grow, i love the pc case even though it looks a bit cramped. the creativity of it is enough. i dont know too much about growing so i just wish you the best of luck

P.S. your last post was at 4:20pm

12. #112 MasterXen, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2011
    Subbed. Have to say that plant is beautiful man, going to grow some Northern Lights in a micro grow soon too, (One Plant in a PC Grow box, Two others in a cabinet)

What case is that, is it a mid or full tower? Also, whats the current height of your plant if you dont mind me asking?

13. [quote name='"SSH"']
    Thanks! :D

I have no idea on the dry weight, can't even predict at this point. I'm still about 4-6 weeks away from harvest. I'm at 28 days of flowering today.

Day 67 (28 flowering) : She was real thirsty from not being fed so had to feed her again today. Had to tie her down again and do some tucking since she exploded after being so dry. She's looking good though!

[/quote]

Damn that's beautiful dude...

14. #114 Circa ROFL, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2011
    This grow has been pretty inspirational lol. She just shot up out of no where and decided she had no intention of stopping.

Question for you though SSH, I was wondering whether or not it would be a good idea for me to start my first grow off with a micro grow or just do it the good ol' fashioned way. It doesn't seem like it would be much more difficult to start with a micro grow, just a couple more steps involved. Am I right in thinking so?

Just wanted to hear your honest opinion. Again though bro, good looks on the plant.

15. Yea it does get a bit cramped, part of the challenge though!

Thanks! The case is Newegg.com - Broadway Com Corp R-800 Black thick Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case You can find it cheaper if you look around, I think I got mine for $65 after shipping. The plant is 9 1/2" (after 1 1/2" tie down today). I constantly have to tie down :)

Thanks Nug! :smoke:

I'm glad it has inspired you! :D A micro grow does require use of techniques that some first time growers might not be comfortable with, such as LST (low stress training) which includes tying down and scrog. However, if you do your research, I think it is very possible to have a good or even a great first grow. It'll require lots of love and attention (as any grow does), but it also forces you to learn some of these techniques. If you are comfortable with that, I say go for it! Good luck with your grow! :smoke:

16. Looking Great man, you got a TON of bud sites going!:eek:

I agree with you completely man, I think the challenge of a micro (keeping her size controlled) will help immensely when you eventually move to a larger venue.

17. This looks great! how many inches of room do you have left height? id imagine its already touching all the pc walls no?

18. She has about 3 more inches of growth room. I let her grow about 2 inches or so then I tie her back down everytime. She touches every space around her possible (1 wall is blocked by a TD-100 fan, so she doesn't technically touch that wall :) )

19. this is one of the best pc grows ive seen yet cant wait to see yield

20. I'm excited for harvest, even though were far away from it, I know its your grow, but I take pride in everyone on GC's grows. Its great to see someone else be succesfull, keep it up SSH :D