SSFG travel tube with showerhead downstem (plus VAPOR BONGING!) WITH PICTURES

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Thanks, stinja!!!
    It really is such a great little tube, and has very good diffusion as well for such a small piece. Not to mention the price really got me.

I have it here with my DBV setup as the vaporbong, just going to fill it with hot water again and rip away. :bongin:

2. I'm sure that little tube hits a lot better than the one I have now, and it's very fairly priced too!

3. Yes, the price was really good. What kind of tube do you have?

4. nothing special, china origin most likely. It's not too thin and I have a diffusor, so it works fine. I don't even use it that often anymore, it ends up only coming out if I've got people over that want to use it..

5. Finally got mine in so I can comment on my total transaction with SSFG for other people considering this shop. The Travel Tube and Showerhead work well but overall I didn't get what I asked for.

[​IMG]

I'm very picky and that's why custom artists are appealing to me. I specifically asked for the custom pieces to be blue and sent a picture of my blue beaker for reference. I also sent this pic as a reference for the design:

[​IMG]

I sent him that picture of that specific adapter I wanted and I asked the guy if they were capable of that kind of quality and asked for a price quote. He was very, very short with his replies which bothered me but the recommendations were so strong I ignored that. He said $50 extra for the blue adapter and matching mouthpiece so I sent the money through paypal immediately on 9/24. I just received my items on 10/18.

As you can see, they are not blue like I asked and the artwork is not in the same ballpark as the reference piece. They are just generic swirls. My excitement from finally receiving the package quickly faded to disappointment.

In closing, I only wish the guy would have been completely up front about whether or not he could match that artwork so I could have skipped the extra $50 for the mouthpiece and adapter and looked elsewhere. I wouldn't buy from them again for this reason.

For my money, the 19.7" beaker in my first pic that I got at Grasscity for $95 shipped was a much more satisfying purchase overall.

6. ew. thats terrible customer service. -1 for SSFG.
    thats just gross.

7. Wow, Im sad to hear that your disappointed. I saw some cool worked stuff on their page a while ago, and looking at those I would have thought they would do better custom work.

That one in the picture you sent him is crazy awesome!

8. I think my expectations were too high because of that piece. It's from a guy named Clear Dome who disappeared from Etsy and fuckcombustion many months ago.

If I can find someone who can make some sick pieces like that I'll be set.

9. ive seen them on etsy months ago.
    anyone have any more information?
    and consider making a thread for that post. for feedback of ssfg.
    what did they tell you after you posted the pics?

10. I've seen way more positive feedback for them every where. This is only representative of the custom work I asked for in particular.

I decided right away it wasn't worth the trouble emailing them again and sending stuff back and forth since they were cheap and they work. I just hate the looks.

Had it been the other way around, I would have been here just as quickly posting pictures of my awesome new pieces and telling everyone how the transaction went....good or bad. Just thought it would be fair to note my honest disappointment in one area.

11. Hry NYC Sickkkkkk little tube man I would love something like that. So small and convenient! Just wondering though, how come you pull out your down downstem when you clear it rather than just the bowlpiece?

12. LOL thanks a lot, bro! In that video, I only meant to remove the bowl and carbon filter, but the downstem stuck and got pulled out accidently.

13. ^I wwas wondering the same thing

14. Thinking about buying ssfg travel beaker. Few questions though for anyone who can answer them. Is the showerhead diffusion sufficient DBV, do I need to buy a glass adapter for this to be possible? Also about how long does shipping take?