Squeaky/Rusty/Cheap Grinders

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Greenwall, Mar 21, 2012.

1. My grinder is squeaky as hell. Its metal, and I suspect its because its rusting a bit.

Any recommendations? Not a big deal, but it's annoying as hell :mad:

2. thanks i'll be trying this what a great idea mate.

3. Trade it to a friend for a piece or some bud or something. You get what you pay for.

4. It's METAL rubbing against METAL, of course it'll squeak. My sharpstone squeaks a little sometimes. I don't really think your grinder is rusting, though.

5. It's prob all kiefed up. Clean it out with some iso alcohol and it should be good as new. That was the problem with mine; the sticky kief causes additional friction against the metal as if it were rusting.

6. metal flakes :eek:

7. did you ever get it wet? if no then theres no possible way id rust.

8. Yes I spilt a little bongwater on it by accident. That's why I was concerned about rust.

And no, it wasn't because of the kief, I checked.

Do you guys think oiling it up slightly would help the annoying squeaky noise? It's not the regular noise too, this grinder is extra fuckin loud.

9. Before you decide to oil it up why not try cleaning it with some iso?

I find that after busting a lot of weed it will get stuck pretty much anywhere the grinder slides against each other.

Was you buster loud before you started busting weed with it?

10. This sounds stupid but do you tilt your grinder or hold it flat when you grind? Sometimes if I use my sharpstone on an angle it gets a bit squeaky then when I flatten it out it doesnt squeak so you could try that