sprouting seeds... need advice!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by karvapeikko, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Hey! Got a quick question. I'm starting my grow (closet grow) and I got myself some Apollo seeds. It'll be off the hook once they're flowering with some dank ass sativa bud. Anyways, how long should it take for the seeds to sprout? I put them in a dark place, between toilet paper sheets (wet) and I keep them wet. I've heard of putting the seeds in plain water, but I've also heard of this technique and my friend suggested I do this.

Someone, please tell me what you think, and how long it'll take for them to sprout and how I should go from here. I put the seeds between the wet papers on Tuesday.

2. im waitin on mine too it is germin since tuesday lol in the same boat as u i got my calender ready to go also this is my general rule about germing it can happen as soon as 1 day as late as 8 and if its longer than that it aint worth growin im hopin my bitch will sprout today too

3. I just put mine straight in the pot and soil with cling film over the top, think they took 3 days to germ.

4. i think you already have the best method. only thing i suggest is to use paper towels and not toilet paper. also try putting the seed and towel in a plastic bag but keep the the bag open slightly, this way all of your water isn't evaporating but there is still some CO2 getting to the seed.

5. i did the same method and they finished germin within 2 days

6. I have the seeds in a bag, and I'm watering them once a day. They haven't sprouted yet, but let's hope they'll show their goods in a day or two :D

7. i just pland mine a 1/4 inch down an use a seedling dome to keep the co2 in till all of them sprout. 2 days after i planted the sprouted last nite

8. THE SEEDS SPROUTED! I'm so happy :D woooah, I'm gonna have one high summer ahead of me ;)