Sprouting and Light Qs.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Tsun, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Here's the deal. I'm a new grower. My first (failed) attempt at growing ended when my seeds wouldn't sprout after two weeks. Thats probably due to the fact that I didn't pre-germ or anything, I just put them into the soil, and kept it damp. This time, I soaked my seeds in distilled water overnight before planting them. My question is: how long before I should just give up on this batch and slit my wrists? How long before they sprout? Also, I posted about my grow lights in the general indoor grow section, but I didn't get any responses after I edited in my new grow lights. Anyway, are these grow lights any good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/400-watt-HPS-GR...ryZ42225QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2. When your plants sprout you might want to use a bunch of daylight CFL's when vegging and if you get the HPS save it for when you start flowering. Theres a bunch of stickies that can help you along the way of your grow op.

3. I agree with what Mordecai says (btw Mordecai you av cracks me up every time I see it!)

I have that same HTG 400 watt HPS

best $ for $ investment I made so far, shoulda got one sooner!

Tried vegging under it this round, though i shoulda let them grow a bit more under just CFL's THEN turned on the HPS after about two weeks, but they pulled through just fine

That light and ballast gets pretty hot too, setup good ventilation at the same time you hang the light (another area I kinda goofed on early on

If MJ can be fucked up by what ever, I have prolly done it at least once so far...