sprout

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by chasejordon, Jun 10, 2017.

1. #1 chasejordon, Jun 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    if a seed sprouts in a dark room, when she gets above the soil will she die? she sprouted before i expected and i didn't have my light hung up in the tent she was in yet. i'm assuming she was in the dark for around 10 hours or less. is she dead? looks dead to me [​IMG][​IMG] and i haven't touched her, but i'm 95% positive that isn't the seed stuck on her, it almost looks like a shriveled leaf. the stem is dark brown

2. Hard to tell from that picture but being in a dark room will not kill the plant when it sprouts. If anything it should grow more because it's searching for the light. It looks completely brown, which isn't good. What caused it idk but it isn't lack of light, unless it's been like that in a cold dark room for a week or so..

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

3. yeah sorry, couldn't get my camera to focus. wonder what happened to her. the tent was around 65 F , i wouldn't have thought that that's too cold but could that have done it?

4. Have you got your setup ready now? I'd keep trying with it. If it fails, lesson learned. Get your room ready before you try again next time, hehe. Don't worry. We've all been there

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. yeah she's been under the light for almost two days now, nothing's happened. i'll give her about four more days and then ill pull her if she doesn't show signs of life.

6. I have a seedling that has not shedded her outta casing for a couple of weeks...sure it's not looking good for her....

7. It's a strange one. I had my first attempt fail because I didn't have my room ready. I had a room, that's it lol. My seedlings started under a fishtank light, they grew awsome. I moved them into my grow room and bought a 600w light and everything was good. I ran 24/7 light for 8 weeks. Still all good. What I didn't take into account was the difference in temperature between 12 on and 12 off. My plants all hermed. Was not happy lol.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mine is an auto so i should probably pull her either way, she would probably be SERIOUSLY stunted even if she does pull through. the seedbank messed up and sent me 9 seeds and didn't charge me, ha. so whatever.

9. I think the shell and head are below ground and are gonna come up soon just give it some time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sacha_dune it will shed the seed pod when it's ready but you can take it off, carefully, if you want to. I've germinated and grown more plants than I can remember and I've had to remove the seed pod myself once. The one time I did the plant was a runt throughout its life. It was smaller and weaker through its entire life. Was it because I "helped" it? Was it because it was already a weaker plant and that's why it didn't kick off its pod? Honestly idk. My guess would be poor genetics from the start on that seed. Let's face it, 2 perfectly healthy people can have a disabled child. Same thing can happen in plants.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Scratch that i just looked at the pictures again and read that you said it's been two days.i would start another if i were you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  12. Spray her head down with water to help soften up the seed cap..If all fails..try gently prying it off with two wooden toothpicks..

• Like Like x 2