Sprout still looped in dirt

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Billzilla420, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Hey I have a question.

First off I ordered seeds from attitude, all sprouted in peat cups in under two days except one. I can see the sprout in a loop from its seed. It looks like the sprout is still in the dirt but the stem is rising up toward the light. This is what I mean by loop. It has been like this for day 6 thru 7.

Here is the question "Should I use like a toothpick to gently force the sprout up by maybe moving dirt, or should I not touch it since it could hurt it. It should naturally pop soon?

I only have this strain in this one seed "Dutch Passion the Ultimate"

2. had this happen with a northern lights (not feminized) ordered from marijuanaseeds.nl. haven't been impressed with their NL strain, the other two are taking so long to sprout and I had another die. The other freebie strain they threw in, Afghani, is growing good tho.

I don't know if it's a birth defect or bad genetics. I mean, they're all growing in the exact same medium in the exact same environment.

3. Sometimes, when planting the seed, it is accidently planted to far under the soil, or from water the small peat pods, the soil gets shifted around and pushed ontop of the seed. The seed might not have had enough umph to get above ground because of all this, give it another couple days to do its thing. Sprouts are very fragile, this is a common question, along with the seed husk only cracking a bit and getting stuck on the seedling as its trying to open. Just leave it be as if it were in nature before worrying to much. Get it under light if it already isnt, and it will get enough energy to break soil and grow just fine without you risking snapping it in half, trust me.