Sprout or Veg?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GrowinItFrench, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Hey there everyone, OG here, just got a quick question for the experts, I have had a plant growing for three weeks, Monday will be starting it's fourth week, does it qualify for the vegetation stage yet? Or is it still a sprout? Obviously pictures well help, so here you go:

Attached Files:

2. :wave: Its in veg, even a sprout is in veg :)

I call my sprouts seedlings but they are in veg too really :smoking:

3. #3 GrowinItFrench, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Okay so does that mean they're going to start rapid growth? I mean they're growing like crazy already, just they say the "veg" stage, makes it even faster?

4. Veg is fast really when you see how fast they change from a tiny seedling into a big bush :D But flowering can make them grow very fast, it just doesn't feel fast when you're waiting for bud to smoke :smoking:

5. Your already in vegatation stage and have been since it started growing leaves.

When you go into flowering stage keep in mind that mj increases in size 3-4x in a very short time...ie 1 foot tall plant in veg it will hit 3-4 in about a month or so in flowering.

6. #6 GrowinItFrench, Aug 11, 2011
    So if I wanted it to be two feet.. When should I induce flowering?

7. #7 GrowinItFrench, Aug 11, 2011
    Ahaha okay, I get it, thanks for the help. :)

8. Flowering can still take a few weeks after switching to 12/12. Depends on the strain, something like White Widow would reach 2 feet easy if you flipped the switch now :smoking:

9. #9 GrowinItFrench, Aug 11, 2011
    Well, I'm growing purple kush right now, any idea what would happen with that?

10. I'd let it veg for longer, you can always do some trainning if she starts getting to big :):smoking:

11. They are vegging and start flowering them at 1ft tall and expect them to end up at around 3ft tall at the end of flowering (harvest time).

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ YES. :D

12. Do the math :). 8 inchs going into flowering will probably get you 24-30 inches.

13. Yeah started flowering mine at about 6" i'm hoping to keep them under 2 ft with LST.

14. What kind of lights are you using? Pretty small for 3 weeks old.

15. Make sure you check your ph thats why mine where so little.

16. #16 GrowinItFrench, Aug 11, 2011
    3 26W Cfls. :)

17. #17 GrowinItFrench, Aug 11, 2011
    I'm trying to find a good ph tester.

18. Go and get some strips until you get your tester with out the right ph your plants can not absorb the nutrients in your soil which in turn makes them small. Your wasting any money that you use in fertilizers.

19. #19 GrowinItFrench, Aug 11, 2011
    The only reason my plants leafs are kind of curled is because I began watering with straight tap water, that hadn't sat out, I changed that, and let the water sit for 24hrs, this made them uncurl, I'm now waiting till the soil completely drys, then I will only water it with water that has sat for a 24hr period. :)

20. what kind of lighting are you using?