Sprout is yellow and brown. Dying?!?!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by letitgrow13, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Hi,
    This is my first attempt to grow and everything was working great until my fourth day when the seed popped out of the ground. After the sprout showed about 24 hours later it turned brown and yellowish. It has not moved from this spot since! I am scared that it is dying and I don't know what to do. It is my 6th day now. Its just staying in that spot but everything below the brown tip looks perfectly green.

Here are lots of pictures:
    http://img175.imageshack.us/g/dsc00710t.jpg/

What type of medium; soil or hydro? - Soil
    What brand and type of soil? - Fox Farms Ocean Forest & Jobe's organic fast start
    Indoors or outdoors? - Indoor
    What strain? - Lowryder Easy Ryder AKA Lowryder #2 x AK47
    How old are the plants? - 6 days old
    What type of lights and how many watts? - 4 Compact Florescences 27 watts http://tinyurl.com/2dvkgyp
    How far from the lights? - About 3 inches or so id say
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? - No set schedule yet I just try to keep them moist. I gave it drops of water everyday but haven't watered for 36 hours or so.
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? - No feeding yet just have Fox Farms Ocean Forest & Jobe's organic fast start in the soil
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? - NA
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? - Temp right now is 94F. Ah damn I know thats hot but I don't know what to do about it. I have computer fans in it but it doesn't do any good. It has reached to almost 100F a couple days ago. I try to open the door and let in cool air whenever I can but it is a stealth grow :/
    What size pots? - Decent sized Jiffy pot for now. I have a 3 Gallon one when its time to transplant.
    Any bugs? Look real close. - Just some of these stupid very small bugs that just walk around. I see them on my window sill around my house.
    Any other pertinent info? - Its grown in a crawl space.

Please help!
    Thanks to whomever responds!!!

2. bingo bango

/thread

3. You think if I plant it outside it will still survive?
    Or should I keep it on my window sill for a while and than when it gets stronger put it back in the grow room?

How can I get its life back?

Thanks!

4. Looks like it's damping off on you (I only saw one or two pics, those things take an awful long time to load).

I'm not sure what the Jobes is, but you don't need anything extra to sprout seeds, just stick them in dirt, water, and wait a few days. The constant watering may have also contributed to a case of drowning.

This seed might make it but I doubt it. Wish I had better news, I'd give another try but don't mother it so much :)

Good luck!