Spring 12/12 flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by VTX1800, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Hi guys, I have some plants outside for the past month, so now that the day / night is 12/12 but getting lighter, will the girls go into flower?

I did have this happen last spring, and harvested by July 1, but thought it was a fluke.

Is this what happens if you put them out in March in Florida?

2. That is what I am doing in NorCal. I am about 6 weeks from harvest

3. [quote name='"sgtstadanko"']That is what I am doing in NorCal. I am about 6 weeks from harvest[/quote]

Nice.
    I think we get more sun and earlier here in central Florida.
    I've been putting them out during the day since Jan. and once the night time temps stayed above 50, I just leave them out all night.

4. [quote name='"sgtstadanko"']That is what I am doing in NorCal. I am about 6 weeks from harvest[/quote]

Me too. It's been great weather here. I've had mine out since sometime in Feb and they're getting little buds forming now. I'm hoping to harvest in early may around the same time I put the rest of my clones out.

5. Me three! I am doing this as well, but I've been bringing them inside at night. It's just 6 small clones in 2 gallon pots each so it's not that bad. and on a rainy day like today they go under a 400 watt HPS.

6. [quote name='"lowprofile"']Me three! I am doing this as well, but I've been bringing them inside at night. It's just 6 small clones in 2 gallon pots each so it's not that bad. and on a rainy day like today they go under a 400 watt HPS.[/quote]

That's exactly what I did the last two years. This year I vegged a few all winter and put them out to see how they do without bringing them in at night. So far they have handled the cold wonderfully, but took a little longer than I would have liked for them to switch over to flowering. Next season I want to change them to 12/12 for a week or so before I put them out to get things jump started.