Spraying leaves with seltzer water?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by RUDYRALIS, Dec 23, 2007.

1. I read about doing this in Ask Ed's book. I dont know if you guys are familiar with it? Well anyway He suggested spraying leaves with seltzer water during the plants veg. growth to add some C02 and to avoid using it during flowering. It sounds great, but I'm hesitant to try it because with the lights going on I dont want to cause burning. What are your thoughts?

2. i do it. the only problem i see with your lights burning is if they're too close. shouldn't be a problem

3. I would toss out the book and stop spraying that on your plants. Saying the words "ridiculous practice" puts out more CO2 then a 12oz can of carbonated water. This is one of the funnier urban myths that seem to never go away even though they have proved it bunk a hundred times. Talking to your plants puts out 10,000X more CO2 then seltzer water and wont mold up your grow.

4. I am a firm believer in foliar feeding. So when I foliar feed instead of using average water I use carbonated water instead. I mix carbonated water with liquid seaweed and spray on the underside of the leaves. Now I don't know how much Co2 it supplies but when you are growing indoors every little bit of Co2 helps to speed vegetative growth. And if you foliar feed it is a great replacement to plain old flat water, My plants love it and respond very well and I have never experienced any problems only benefits.

5. Keep telling yourself that, and save the club-soda for mixed drinks.

6. Oh don't worry I will.

7. lol, you guys. Just get something like Liquid Karma and foilar feed with that as well as use it in your watering. Thats what I am using along with my nutrients and ever since I started using it, the plants seem to really react well to it.