Spraying flowering plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JustDreamin, May 19, 2017.

1. we all know we shouldn't. And we are told not to. But is it ok? Misting the leaves of flowering plants... it does rain outside after all. And I don't think Mother Nature will hold off on rain around the world for buds to grow. Is it ok to mist lightly now and then? Obviously we don't want to soak the buds. Anddddd go!!

2. Misting the leaves is fine, misting the buds over time can cause mold (before anyone quotes this, I said CAN, not will) . And like you said, it rains a lot sometimes.. this is the reason why bud rot is so much more common in outdoor grows. Why would you spray them with water? :(

• Like Like x 1
  3. Outdoor growers will also tell you of all their problems with bud rot after a few rains. You have the control indoors. If you're feeding your plants correctly you shouldn't need any floral feeding in bloom.

It's best for correcting deficiencies in veg. Don't spray the plants in flower. You're asking for trouble.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. I would strongly advise against doing problem is mold you would want finer mist .a fogger would work tube 1 inch fan some parts ,hose or buy the

and use it to add nutes from a hose and wand attached this is done early in the light cycle so plant has hours to dry out people also use for pest mites and such.

5. I'm not misting my bud don't worry. Just a question I felt like asking. I know it would make things more susceptible to rot. Just curiousity.

6. Once the roots become established, the plants pull all their nutrition from the soil or the water in the hydro system. There is no point in misting buds. Since indoor lighting is closer to the plant than the actual sun outside, you also risk there being damage from the intense heat of the light and the water droplets on the plant. Just not a good idea once they've developed roots. We mist clones after taking the to keep up the humidity within the cloning dome. But once roots show up, no more of that. TWW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1