Spots!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Postal Blowfish, Dec 1, 2009.

1. I noticed this last night after transplanting my first plant. One of the others had what looked like a flake of rust on the leaf. I look in on them this morning and the plant I transplanted has yellow spots, and another plant is also developing this. What am I doing wrong and what can I do to fix it?

Four of the five plants are still in 18oz cups at around 12 days old. I will transplant tonight, but I don't think it's root stunting due to the transplanted plant suddenly having the spots. All I can think of is that I gave the first (and very diluted) feeding of nutrients last night, but I think the first spot I noticed was there before this.

2. #3 Postal Blowfish, Dec 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2009
    I don't have a proper camera nor enough of a bank balance to buy one. :( They're seemingly randomly placed yellow spots, and on one part of the outer edge of one leaf is yellowing. They're not all over the plant, it sees they are limited to the central leaf on the second shoot and not even always both leaves.

edit: I think it's a PH problem, that makes the most sense. The symptoms fit and the problem happened after the first feeding, must have done something wrong.

Now the question is...

Can I just water them with regular water for awhile and ride this out, or do I need to adjust some water with PH UP and use that?

3. you should try flushing them... how big are your pots?

4. What is meant by "flushing?" I just finished transplanting them from cups into 1 gallon pots. Hopefully the roots will not have access to cleaner soil and the damage that's done can be a memory soon. The one bagseed of the bunch I transplanted yesterday as a trial got a good amount of the tainted food, isn't looking too good. The other four are all showing only initial signs of spotting. I just transplanted them and when I watered the pot I blasted the center the hardest hoping i can wash the problem out or dilute it.