spots on lower leaves spreading

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ChronicKid, Jul 13, 2007.

1. i have a couple plants im growing and they all resently started getting light brown and yellow spots on the lower leaves and some leaves have shrivled up brown and dry.

most of the plants havent ever been fertilized, they are growing inside in soil under a couple random florecint lights.some plants are about 1 1/2 months one is about a year and even a spot has appeared on one that is only a week(its on one of the first round leaves).

im thinking maybe the pH?

100_0918.jpg

100_0924.jpg

100_0920.jpg

2. that doesnt look right at all
    plants should have leaves with 5/7 points until they vedge/bud

3. but bugs would be my guess

4. ya you think? what kind?

5. id guess some type of root mite
    they look malnurished in my opinion, and if something is eating the roots thats just what it will do

6. how do i fix it?does it have anything to do with the soil because i used organic Black Gold soil

7. they need feeding and they are streching badly and need way more light & lower the flouro's about 3-4inches above the plants.

whats your lite cycle?
    are these clones or seedlings

To rule out PH related issues complete a soil runoff PH test.......& test your tap water
    with PH corrected water (6.5-6.8PH ) pour enough water in the pots so the water runs out the bottom of the pot ...test the PH of this water....

8. the plants are on 18/6 and they are seedlings not clones.was the other guy right about the bugs?do u think it could be that?