Spore

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by thrice54, Oct 21, 2008.

1. So who here has tried spore. This is a sweet game and I love the whole concept behind the stages of evolution.
    I think it would be better if you could go into more depth in some of the stages or make the evolution more in depth, with something like the cell stage not going right to land maybe the opportunity to evolve as marine life.

2. You know, there's this marvelous thing called the search button....

3. Spore is a cool game but not worth the $50. ?It got old after a couple of days. I wouldn't have bought it if I new how fast it got boring.

4. Spore was an utter disappointment for me. The cell stage is a bit too long and tedious, the creature stage is too short, and the other stages play like subpar Real Time Strategy games. Subpar as in, games on the SNES and Genesis were leaps ahead of it.

The creature stage was fun, if only it lasted much longer, and was a tad more in depth. I liked running around and beating shit up, even if it's done thousands of times before, Spore pulled it off decent. Sadly, this is the only decent aspect of the game.

If you really enjoyed the Sims, and get your fun by completely customizing every single little thing. and are content just watching your creations exist, than I could see enjoying this game. For most gamers, this game just falls short of nearly every expectation, especially after years of wait and hype.

Securom bullshit blows too.

5. I downloaded this game and got bored of it after a few hours of play. Cool concept, lame gameplay.

6. #6 thrice54, Oct 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2008
    Thanks man, you know I tried that marvelous search button, and all I had was tons of nothing. So I gave up searching and just asked.

Fair enough a lot of the stuff was pretty, boring for the gameplay I guess I just like the space stage trying to fly around and capture star systems really appeals to me. It reminds me of playing Star Fleet 3 if anyone tried that back in the day it was a lot of fun. I also got the game from my friend and just put it on my computer to try so I guess free things are always more fun. I do think the gameplay could be drastically improved upon, but it still has a lot of cool things about it. The way the online works is kind of neat, how every planet has other users created species on it.

7. Look, if you're gonna lie, at least do it about something people can't call you on. One search, and I found four threads about Spore. Imagine that.

8. I made it too the tribal stage and then got bored. Mucho hype, mucho letdown.

9. We'll I didn't lie I actually did search for it first, because I just started playing it and wanted to see what people thought. I just searched again now, but only found one, I don't really know how I missed it before... I was high and doing ten things at once like always so maybe that happened, w/e I try to use search I know its annoying, oh well my bad.