Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

spoons

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by huonc, Dec 21, 2008.

1. #1 huonc, Dec 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2008
    hello GC,

i'm interested in purchasing some equipment to smoke with, and i've seen people using spoons in some videos and pictures and thought i should try one.

well, firstly i was wondering if you need screens or any other extra equipment to use with a spoon, or is it just straight up pack and smoke?

and also, what are they like to smoke? is it worth getting one?

thanks again :wave:

just to let you know, i was interested in purchasing this.

:)

2. Nah man, no worries about the screen. Just pack a bowl and go. those are by far my favorite smoking device...

quick and dirty, portable. Go for it... it's going to be a bit harsher than any water filtered piece...but that won't matter after a few bowls :p

3. yea i got a spoon as my first piece so go for it it helps ur lungs get used to it cuz its pretty harsh compared to bongs and bubs and things like that, but u might suck some weed through if ur not careful just pack a big nug at the bottom of the bowl and ur good

4. lol ive been lookin at that spoon for awhile 2 its so sick

5. I have a pretty nice spoon but the hole in the bowl is way too big and I always suck through. If that happens to you then you might want to invest in some screens. Anyway, that's a pretty sick spoon you linked, I've looked at that in the past. I'd just goto a smoke shop though so you can see a piece in person, you want to know what you're getting.

:smoking:

6. for sure!

thank's everyone you answered all my questions spot on :p

i'll let you know how it goes and you may see some pics in the near future :)

:smoke:

7. That's a gorgeous little spoon! I agree with mercmerc - it's quick and dirty and you don't really need any screens for it or anything. Keep the inside looking like it's been used and the outside spotless (it would be blasphemous not to, considering how pretty it is). ;)

8. Yes, the normal person doesn't require the use of a screen in a glass piece. However, particulate will find a way in your mouth by the end of the bowl. Most just ignore this. There are screens for glass pieces though. They're a smaller glass-made piece, about the size of a small button and the ones I've seen look like stars or flowers. They have one ball in the middle with 5 smaller balls around it. You just put it in the bottom of your piece before packing it and it filters the particulate from the smoke. They're handy if you don't appreciate smoldering bits going into your mouth while hitting it and burning and whatnot. They're also somewhat annoying though because if you're like me and just hit your piece on your leg, out the window, or on the nearest surface without taking any mind to it, you will lose your sceen. They're re-usable so you have to be careful when emptying your piece between usage. Most people don't bother with them since ya only hit particulate usually if you use a lot of shake or the buds are small and that doesn't really bother most people anyway.
    I personally wouldn't bother with them but thats just me. I've only seen them at my local shop though. I'm just sayin they're out there somewhere since I noticed people saying you don't need a screen on a glass piece.

9. That's why you can't grind it up too small and gotta pack it in there nicely. Then nothing will get in your mouth. :wave:

10. Your first question:
    It all depends on the size of the hole in the bowl, if its big, then you might have to get a glass gauze(which is normally cheap maybe a dollar or so) which acts as a screen and plugs the hole so nothing falls through. Also you could use the method a lot of users use and go by different names but my favorite is the "nug plug" which all you do is break off a nice size bud just enough to plug the hole so nothing can fall through and then pack over this.

Second question, the benefits is, you can conserve weed, get more of a taste of the weed(now a days joints and blunts are flavored and can possibly take away from the buds natural flavor imo). Its all about prefrence, once you get one you might not like it right away, but you get use to it(Sometimes it might be harsh, might get weed in your lungs, etc).

I recommend if you get one, take slow smooth pulls to allow some cooling, and also to prevent you from oh lets say pulling the cherry and having it shoot to the back of your throat.