Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sploof Effectiveness

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mr.Wiggles, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Ok...I have used the search function and couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for. Tomorrow is my last final for the semester and I can't wait to come home right after and smoke this new dank I got. I haven't smoked in almost a week due to studying and getting last min shit done. I can't wait to kick off the summer. ANYWAYYY, I wanna smoke in my room. My parents are in work till about 5pm. I wanna use a sploof, the basic one with dryer sheets. How effective are they? I mean can I just straight up smoke in my room with the windows closed and blow through the sploof and all is well? I'm assuming it is going to dissapoint me and basically smell like weed covered with mountain spring mist odor or some shit?

2. #2 Magicman2292, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2009
    fuck the sploof. just smoke outside for a few minutes and ur all set...i dont see why people smoke indoors rather than just go outside and save themselves all the trouble of getting the weed smell outta the room...

ok but really sploofs dont really work that well...you can just lean out the window and do everything like that, then spray some febreze in your room, then close the door and leave the window open to filter out the air and enjoy your high!

3. True...I've done this a couple times...but some recent posts on here about nosey neighbors has me fucked up.

4. dude neighbors dont give a shit... even if there nosey they wont do shit about it. big deal your getting high. they have better things to do than rat on someone thats smoking weed...do u really think there just gonna be staring out the window looking at YOUR window waiting for you to some outside and smoke so they can call the cops? nah

just dont worry bout the neighbors...i dont..i dont even worry bout cops...cuz your never gonna get caught... if you THINK youll get caught, you will...

5. I'd think so. I use a old sploof that is dirty (filters/slight smell) and I do it in a small small bathroom. I use mids and I just smoke and then take a shower and use alot of soap and pour it and make it all foamy and set the water to really hot to make steam to make the smells more strong and I let my door air out.

6. Smoke in your bathroom.

Turn the hot water up all the way until its nice and steamy in there (towel under the door, by the way).

If you have a vent or a window, blow your hits into it. Something about the water vapor in the air absorbs the smoke and the smell.

Take a longer then regular shower (awesome when high, imo), and it should clear up after a bit. Spray some freshener when you're done. I used to do this when I lived with my parents all the time.

7. You would need some very special dryer sheets to pull it off with the windows closed. I suggest going outside, BUT...

I smoke in my room all the time + I live with the parents. First, if you can just toke outside, or blow your hits with your head out the window, do that. But if you gotta toke in your room, doing this has kept me out of trouble:

Use like five or six dryer sheets in your sploof. Burn incense.

Stick a towel in the crack at the bottom of your door. Open a window, it's fucking spring! (By the way, I've heard it recommended that you wait until you're finished smoking to open a window. I haven't noticed leaving them open while smoking has been a problem, but just FYI)

Run a fan blowing out if you can.

Load one-hit bowls so you don't need to worry about a cherry, and leave your window open for as long as you can after you're done.

But really, it'd probably just be easier to find a discreet spot near your home and toke there. I toke in my room because I'm a pussy and hate cold weather, and now that it's springtime you can bet your ass I'm getting out of my room as much as possible.

8. ya, i used to just take my pipe outside, it worked wonders untill it was taken by cops:(
    now all i have is my bong which is way to big/obvious to take outside. so i smoke my house and use sploofs while blowing out the window. trust me, they do work if they're done right.

9. let me tell you the problem with this. when i lived with my parents i had a freind over once and we blew the smoke out the window. unfortunatlly we didn't realize that my dad's window (about 40 feet away) was open and the wind was blowing the smoke directly from my window into his room. about 5 minutes into our session he calls me into his room and sure enough it smelt like dank. he was pissed:p

10. #10 sikander, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2009
    Ouch. Let that be a reminder, then: Let no advice be followed uncritically. What in general works may not work for your specific situation.

11. I have used the bathroom trick of showering after etc and it works well. However, my friend may come over and I'm not sure that he would want to smoke in my small bathroom with me lol...and if so...I'm not gonna take a shower with him over..

12. without trying to be a dick dude, just smoke outside!

find place in your garden where your neibours can't see you,
    if thats not possible then take a trip round the block and find
    somewhere quiet, if you have wheels. drive somewhere away from
    your house and blaze [make sure your ok to drive though] :)

13. what i do, works really well. i cant tell ive smoked an hour after when i do these...

you need-
    standing fan
    sploof
    preferably a pipe, but a joint will work

open your window about 6 inches, with the blinds all the way down to the opening, and set up the fan facing outward. then turn it on low or medium, and then light up and use the sploof to blow out the window through the fan.

tips-
    zero the hit: basically hold it in so long that no smoke is visible on exhale
    keep the pipe as close to the fan as possible to make sure the maximum amount of smoke goes through the window.

and of course, dont smoke when anybody is home.

14. Sploofs are effective if used properly. Most people make a sploof and forget about blow off from the bowl or they cap it with a lighter. If you really want to smoke indoors get a one hitter and a sploof and just make sure you completely cash the bowl and make sure your dryer sheets aren't getting old.

15. Here's how I like to do it;
    1. Turn on shower hot and get the bathroom nice and steemy.
    2. Put towel under door (leave windows closed and fan off for now)
    3. Blaze your shit up
    4. Exit bathroom leave shower on, turn on fan and open window.
    5. If the bathroom door doesn't open its because the towel is wedged under the door.
    6. Spray some Axe or febreze and enjoy :)

16. "dude neighbors dont give a shit... even if there nosey they wont do shit about it. big deal your getting high. they have better things to do than rat on someone thats smoking weed...do u really think there just gonna be staring out the window looking at YOUR window waiting for you to some outside and smoke so they can call the cops? nah

just dont worry bout the neighbors...i dont..i dont even worry bout cops...cuz your never gonna get caught... if you THINK youll get caught, you will... "

i disagree my neighbor snitched on me

17. that really blows man. Care to elaborate?

18. use the sploff to blow it out the window... just put one end up to the screen (or out the window if you dont have that) when you're in the shower with a lot of steam. You might also want to invest in some febreze.
    good luck man

19. Thanks a lot guys...can't fucking wait till tomorrow. Have my last final at 10:30am...studying for it right now. This is the only class I have done poorly in in about 2 years. If I don't do exceptional on this exam, I will be retaking this course next semester :(. Haven't smoked in order to study for this exam as well as others, can't wait to light up with my best friend right after lol.