Splinter Cell??

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by soapman, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Is anybody a fan?!?! I only bring it up cause the the demo of Convictions came out a couple days ago and I just started playing and it's pretty cool. It takes some getting used to but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty sweet.

Whadda ya clowns think of it? Or think of the new game in general even if you haven't played the demo yet?

They even got michael Ironside back to do Sam's voice, I don't know if he did any others than the first one but I don't think he did.

2. I finished downloading the demo over night so Im going to go smoke a bowl and play the demo. ill be back with a report in an hour! *salutes*

I forgot I started the download last night until I saw this thread :D

3. ive never owned a 360 so i havent played double agent, but the first splinter cell was the reason i bought my original xbox actually got raped by gamestop, traded in my ps2 and a ton of games and shit for an xbox and splinter cell. it was worth it, i love that fucking game, and the sequels.

the novels are good too, well the first two anyway.

4. #4 Jdahms, Mar 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2010
    The singleplayer in double agent was really good but the online wasnt as much fun as chaos theory.

Im playing the demo right now the interrogation scene in the bath room was awesome!

5. #5 weedski, Mar 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2010
    Wicked, I love Splinter Cell, I'll download the demo now and let you know what I think.

EDIT: It's good ;)

6. Splinter Cell is alright.

I prefer MGS :)

7. It's an easier, simplified version of the previous games. Not bad (other than the AI), but not splinter cell.

8. Yeah, I agree with you. But, I also disagree with you at the same time. It is very simplified everything is just pretty much a button a press and boom guy dead. It's not the same where you had to sit in the area for a few minutes (sometimes 20 for me:smoke:) and learn patterns and move slowly. But I think it's kind of a progression of the story of the game as a whole. At this point Fischer is no longer the law abiding NSA agent we used to know. I'm pretty sure he's a fugitive or something now, I'd be spending less time in the shadows and more time using my new badass (batman stolen!) sonar goggles too.

Point is I think they made the gameplay faster paced to keep peoples attention.

9. the demo was mad short, but the the game looks solid. i'll probably rent it.

10. It was fun but its a far cry from the stealthy espionage type gameplay that it used to be.

11. i think it worth a rent not a buy