spiritual discoveries/paranormal- on psychedelics

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Wilseph, Jan 8, 2005.

1. hmm has anyone had something of spiritual meaning, or just plain ole fucked up like paranormal shit happen when on pshycedelics?

i hafta tell this story lol.... once i was on a weak 3rd plateau dxm trip, and me being thei druggie i was at the time had taken some effedra a few hours before, and into the trip my heart was beating a little faster than normal, but the dxm made me extremely paranoid so i thought it was beatin reaklly fast. (basically i was in no danger i just thought i was) and all of a sudden im just "aware" of this pshycic woman visiting me, and she telepathically knew that i was panicing, so i askd her to make my heart rhytem nomal, and i swear a few minutes later i was very relaxed and not paranoid, heart was fine. its not like i saw this person, i was just aware of it kinda, anyone whose done dxm hopefully knows what im talkin bout.

so thats my story , ne others?
    o yeah this excludes weed, because i agree it has spiritual benefits, like helping w/ meditation and noticing beauty of nature, but im askin bout like shrroms, acid, dxm, etc............
    p.s. i just dosed un on a medium 3rd lol should be fun

2. You have smoked yourself retarded.

3. actually, I think it's more of you being a non-understanding asshole than him having smoked himself retarded. don't mean to be offensive so much if you were kidding, but if the shoe fits....

4. yeah he was kidding, but thanx newayz MrBubbles

5. closest thing i can compare to this is when i ate 10 hits of acid at the end of the day when i was finally coming down off of it all i felt like i had a universal understanding of everything that happens in the universe n i jus was totally euphoric telling everyone that i was one with the universe cuz i had this special feeling that i never had before.

6. that's the shit right there man... We should all experience that... we will someday, with or without the aid of acid. People need to get their heads outta their wallets and just sit back for a while think about why we're really here, if everyone in the world did this and started communicating and got rid of their destructive traditional habits we'd be all at peace. we'd trash capitalism and invent new systems of govt' or just a better reality... sorry for the rant... haha.

7. true, true... although i dont see it ever happening... but if it did... damn... :smoking:

8. Actually he used to be my neighbor and its kinda of an inside joke. :smoke:
    I see where you are coming from though, and I hate people who act like the way I sounded. Sorry bout that. Just know its all in jest. hahaha

9. drugs own your face to the dome one hitter quitter

10. What?

11. when i was into heavy dxm use, i was convinced that god told me to marry this girl that i had just met. i snapped back to reality real quick when she told me a few weeks later that we could never be together because i'm not a christian.

12. led, maybe you shoulda become a christian... or converted her! haha. or told her to stop being so prejudice and use the line "we're all god's children". prejudice bitch! :D:laughing:

anyways, back on topic...

woah, just realised this is a revived thread from last year.

anyways...

YES!

its when new pathways open in our brains thnx to exotic chemicals, other combinations of exohormones, that we hit upon this stuff more easily. i've floated around the universe at the speed of thought (oh yes, there are faster things than light) known the truth of life and death (and it was so very VERY), known how to be one with a drop of water and know everything that needs to be known, to hold new strange emotions we're seemingly uncapable of experiencing without such chemical assistance, such love peace and empathy with all, the scrapping of language maintained lines of distinction that seperate us from everything, bringing about a new appreciation of the importance and place for the hedonistic imperative, of the physical and the stimulating joys that are available to us in this form. we don't get to do that when we're floating free.
    talking about it can never come even close to conveying even a billionth of the experience, even if i spoke about it for the rest of my life. so much to convey, such limited means of conveying it, even massive restrictions to remembering it... it tends to make one sound like some kind of lunatic to those who've never experienced similar.

never tried dxm though. seems a bit groggy and uhh.... well... maybe sometime.

13. the only problem is that you can't really convince evangelicals because they are sheep to their congregations. in one of the first conversations i had with her, i got her to admit that the idea that jesus christ died for our sins was ludicous and that the bible isn't truth, but just some made up stories.

she then said "if i were to go with that though, i wouldn't have anything to live by". yeah, i don't know what i saw in this sheep in the first place.

oh wait, she had a smoking body and tig ole bitties, now i remember.

14. [quote name='Digit']

its when new pathways open in our brains thnx to exotic chemicals, other combinations of exohormones, that we hit upon this stuff more easily. i've floated around the universe at the speed of thought (oh yes, there are faster things than light) known the truth of life and death (and it was so very VERY), known how to be one with a drop of water and know everything that needs to be known, to hold new strange emotions we're seemingly uncapable of experiencing without such chemical assistance, such love peace and empathy with all, the scrapping of language maintained lines of distinction that seperate us from everything, bringing about a new appreciation of the importance and place for the hedonistic imperative, of the physical and the stimulating joys that are available to us in this form. we don't get to do that when we're floating free.
    talking about it can never come even close to conveying even a billionth of the experience, even if i spoke about it for the rest of my life. so much to convey, such limited means of conveying it, even massive restrictions to remembering it... it tends to make one sound like some kind of lunatic to those who've never experienced similar.

quote]

Spoken like a true traveller, and a pleasure to read.

Completely beyond words and normal concepts and yet perfectly understandable to anyone who experiences it. But anybody actually talking about it sounds pretty much mad, that's an unfortunate spin on it all. It can't be expressed fully, so people take that to mean that what you've experienced is vague and so open to misinterpretation. A double edged sword, giving knowledge but also apparent madness too.

MelT

15. BTW Digit, would you consider posting about that experience? How it happened, the effects it's had on you, etc?

MelT

16. i just did. :D

i've done before too.

but even right after the experience, i was somewhat speachless. reducing whole swathes of happenings to mere phrases that conveyed relatively nothing.

i'll give it a shot... need a run up to this though. big story. bbs. and i'll look to see if the pervious time i told this story did it more "___"

ok, doesnt show up in a search.

well, it was 2002, i was living in Dundee at the time, in a very nice flat that overlooked a playpark and had a great view out to the hills and river beyond the city. I had been entrusted with last years entire mushroom horde from a friend from back home who had decided not to take any that year. I offered a friend to come join me for a trip, and a few others, but it looked like it was just going to be the two of us. We took the dried mushrooms, liquidised them to a fine dust, and brewed them up to make a "tea". I think i had a completely empty stomach having planned to take them the day before. i estimated that after my second cup, i must have taken over 600, maybe much more. (these are the small type of mushroom, the type we always count quantity in numbers of mushroom rather than weight as small ones are more potent than the large ones of this type)
    my friend, who i'll start calling E, because it sounds cool, had one cup. we sat down, and i think we smoked a joint and just hung around chatting passing the time while waiting for the effects to take hold. i decided to get out the sketch pad. i had made a few marks on the page when a few more friends came around to visit. i started to burp and hicup uncontrolably as an intense array of interacting intricate coloured dancing shapes draped over my vision, "he's going to spew" one girl said. "no i'm fine"... moments later i'm dashing to the toilet just able to keep myself upright, amidst an ocean of coloured mechanised construct... i'm sure i must have spewed up more than half of what i had taken, and it was, as ever i find with mushrooms, a quite agreeable purging, but left me in a somewhat weakened state, clinging to the sink, barely keeping a grasp on reality, reaffirming to myself that i was like this because i had taken mushrooms (quite important at that point), the walls took on a rather ugly appearance, and so i escaped them by focussing my attention on a drop of water that was clinging to the edge of the sink, forgetting momentarily that i was quite influenced by the trip, i grew closer and closer to the droplet of water, it even began to dance, quiver, and the two of us were together in a very comfortable, natural easy state of communion. i dont know how long i was in this state, i'm sure people came asking if i was ok a few times. my mind began to explore the water, not just the volume before me, but conceptually, what water was... and together, these lead to an exploration of where every molecule before me had been throughout the entire time of the universe. now when you've done this with anything, it is a very intensely close relationship formed... and restrictions and boundries to understanding the correlations between myself and this water droplet dissolved and disapeared, leaving a HUGE torrent of information freeflowing, almost blasting its way, two way it seemed, and was almost uncomfortable the seemingly infinate open transmission of onformation. at some point, i became lost in the all, and from here on, comunicating my experience takes a leap further into the unexplainable and ineffable. now when i say lost in the all, there really was no sence of being lost at all, such a concept was meaningless. wherever i went i was home. and i could go anywhere. and did. within this state, a greater being of clarity, than was prior to such involvement like when i was aware of being in a bathroom clinging to a sink. there was no concern for all kinds of things that people clog their lives up with, "material concerns". i was free to travel wherever i wanted, as fast as i wanted... i had found myself existing in no particular point in space, existing loosely, and could gather myself together, then go anywhere i wanted, as fast as i wanted. i saw a galaxy, with a large peachy orange glowing haze near the middle, and i could just go there... i knew it was faster than the speed of light, given the distances i was travelling and the lack of change of rate at which things moved and changed around me. i must have spent a great deal of time exploring this galaxy, mostly just enjoying being off a planetary existence, going from star to star. if i so wanted, i could be somewhere in an instant, or equally so, i could be there for the whole line of travel between places, there was no limitation of speed, i was in control. more galaxies too, i went of to explore them. there is much i am hesitant to divulge as some of it may lend greater levels of incredibility to my story, but also because there is uncertainty, the memory could only retain so much after the experience. i do recall i had decided to see how far i could go, and as speed was no limitation, i was thus also not limited to the laws of gravity, light, and space-time, and am quite sure i went outside even these confines to know "whats outside the universe", or what's beyond "the rim". all the while this great reverie was happening, all the while i've been describing what took place in a somewhat "physical" sense, there was great revelation of being. meaning and correlation, without imposition. free from uncertainty and unfounded guilt, and self blame, no sense of unworthyness, a comfort and caressing from all, and mutually reflected back, knowing the meaning behind "all is love". "death"? that word and the associations it has, our cultures of fear dirtying existence, it was ok. it was ok. if i could impart upon you all the knowledge of peace, the place and purpose of each states, i would, and i do so wish i could, but know that from all the minds, from all the mindsettings and habituation of such variety of thoughtforms, it surely couldn't be communicated on mass to all... not in this language. in such vastness was also known subtlety. details never overlooked, all could be held in knowing, knowing beyond just an intellectual level, but an open emotional level too, lending a wholeness of being rarely experienced before. shattering the illusion that much larger entities overlook the very small, or the faster timed. i became aware of the limitlessness of intelligence, the capability of interconnectedness and union/unity with the whole. and it was comforting, so very very reassuring. such serenity, i had not known was possible. responsibility i had put upon myself was lifted, like a holiday from a self imposed prison, and yet, it gave me the desire for more, knowing that it was ok, there were safeguards in place should i falter. so much more on the nature of every actions effects, the redirecting of entire universes, the pathways we create regardless of quantity and quality of awareness, the direction of attention, the direction of intention... all so much that to convey would take books and books only to discover that the information cannot be conveyed in a linear fashion for it is not linear, and must be understood in its entirety, in a moment of epiphany, or lost in a muddle of structured linguistic thought form.

upon returning, i felt a bit sad for the rest of the rest of the world, so lost in inconvenient, inappropriate concern for the material, and for the structured systems of false necessity. but it also brought a smile to my face that i could feel sad for such a thing, knowing how far i had come, how much i had evolved, in such a small space of time. melancholy is a word that seems relevant, but clearly doesn't fit by a long long way. serenity, serenity, serentiy. wonder, wonder of what to do now, but without an accompanying sensation of hopelessness or desperation that something "must" be done, only a joy, a joy that something could be done.

i left the bathroom, checked briefly on my friend who i had originally embarked upon this journey with, then went through to the other room for a little peace and to allow myself to slowly return to the usual existence. letting the walls continue to bob about as they do...
    the two girls came through to see how i was doing, how my trip was, and i said to them something along the lines of "i know death". "sounds horrible!" they recoiled. "no, no it wasn't, not at all... its..." i calmly retorted trying to reassure them, to give them even just a glimmer of the reassurance i had.

serenity.

17. I'm sure it'd be interesting reading. And how you feel about the event now too if you get the time.

MelT

18. thanks for asking me to do that Mel. I needed to do that more than i knew. rediscoveries as i wrote it out. alot of it realigning my being just from going through it again. it put into focus the meaning of another trip i had, the one time i took LSD, where for the whole trip i was stuck, frustrated and in great discomfort that i had arms for hours, and then it was pointed out that i had legs too, and the whole thing took on new levels of "ugh, no", as i fidgetted about wanting just to get up and go without having to lug all this matter around with me.

19. :hello: I found myself nodding in agreement in so many places in your posting. As I had suspected and hoped, there are many similarities between your experiences and my own. It was certainly an experience of realisation to some degree. It's only because what I'd write would take so many pages that I don't comment on it all almost line for line. Some things you say might seem minor or inconsequential to others when reading things like this - the sense of rightness to it all, the feeling that you were 'home' again and where you were meant to be, and your reactions and feelings afterwards, but they're all good indicators of a real experience of transendence.

In particular you talk about the flow of information you shared in and this again is key to realisation experiences. It's exactly like what it is, being connected to a bigger 'mind' and suddenly being aware of it's thoughts and being able to think with it. You understand everything because you become everything. Although in realisation you hope to retain what you've learned afterwards(and thus achieve some of the 'super-knowledges' concerning reality), even though some of it has gone, you still retain much of what you felt at least, so it was a good event. Excellent, really pleasing to read.

Do you ever get recurrent feelings of it nowadays, hints of it?

MelT

20. DMT: The Spirtit Molecule documents many "test subjects" who report experiences that seem similar to what you mentioned. in fact, most say that there was a constant presence that, at times, would guide them, teach them, etc. some would report that they had experiences that sound shockingly similar to the average alien abduction, including the probing...ew.