Spiral leaves? Sick Plants.. can't track it down.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by JustAnotherHead, Aug 10, 2011.

1. #1 JustAnotherHead, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2011
    Plants are doing weird things:

Bushy plant is a strain called Mango. Old growth looks ok, but the new leaves are curling under and the tips of my hash plants are twisting. They appear to be stunted as well. I'm growing in CoCo. Using rainwater. PPM 900. Humbolt Nutrients 3 parts + CalMag+ Silica.
    Temps are hovering between 79-84. Humidity is 60%. When I water I use it at 5.8, run off is coming out 6.0. Coco is kicking my ass. I can't tell when they need water. Soil meter is showing they are moist but not soaking. I'm really stumped. Here's some pics:

HashPlant:

[​IMG]
    OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA by JustAnotherHead, on Flickr

[​IMG]

Mango:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Too hot and your ph has to be off.

Twisted growth is ph. Heat usually acts as a catalyst to problems.

3. Curling under is usually over watering too

4. it is deffinitley pH

5. Huh. I guess it could be since I put it in at 5.8 and the run off is runoff is 6.0. I'm just gonna run like 30 gallons of ph 5.5 plain rain water through there. It was a mistake to grow 4 different strains at once. The Sensi Seeds White Widow is kicking ass, it's caught up to my clones. Any of you guys running coco and testing your run off.

6. I'm ALMOST 100% sure it's not over-watering. I'm new enough I could be wrong, but I doubt it. Even with some worm castings, perilite, and 15% Hydroton (layer on top and bottom) water just pours out the bottom. I get 30% run QUICK. My cheapo ($8 Home Depot two prong) soil meter shows it dead on in the middle, perfect almost immediately. If I didn't water every other day, they would dry up.

I have a pretty big non-oscillating fan blasting the light and the plants are getting a lot of wind. Could that cause transpiration issues. Like the leaves are drying out faster than they can replenish?

Do you think the PH in the runoff being .2 higher than what I'm putting in indicates the soil PH is way out of whack? I was thinking it was pretty good.

The only other thing I can think of is a lack of c02. There's an open window 2' feet away but not much air is coming in there if any at all. Would a serious lack of ventilation cause this issue, especially with the warmer than optimal temps?

After typing all this it's clear I need to get the temps down and some c02 to eliminate them and maybe just put bloom nutes in so they don't get any Nitrogen since they are ready to flower.

Thanks for any help

JustAnotherHead