Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Spill Emergency - please help!

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by JoyWarrior, Aug 18, 2009.

1. :confused:OK here's what happened:
    1. cleaned countertop (melamine/laminate/regular apt countertop material) w/ "natural" cleaner, which says on bottle "non toxic & biodegradable" but also "this product contains Decylpolyglucoside if swallowed contact poison control". I always clean my countertop with this product.
    2. commenced to make cannachocolate.
    3. all good until last transfer of melted cannabutter+dark chocolate from pan to pouring glass when
    OH NO! :eek: arm jogged and warm melted mixture spilled all over countertop.:(
    4. immediately used clean spatula to scrape mixture off counter onto clean plate set beneath counter edge.
    5. went ahead and filled chocolate molds with mixture and put in fridge to set.

Question: Is this cannachocolate still edible? :eek: Or will it have been contaminated by said cleaning product, even though at least 30 min elapsed between cleaning of countertop and spillage?:confused:

Please ask around and help me with this puzzlement! I don't want to throw away good edibles, and I don't want to be poisoned by cleaning spray.

Thanks in advance for the assistance. :wave:

2. shouldn't be an issue, as long as you wiped it off prior to the spillage.

3. wiped what off?
    The counter was cleaned with the sponge I use to clean, then wiped w/ dry clean towel.

counter was clean and dry for @ 30 mins prior to spillage

4. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOsmpinGwzs]YouTube - Eat It - Weird Al Yankovic (Beat It - Michael Jackson)[/ame]

5. Love Weird Al, still nervous, though.

6. Yeah well the only way to know if it's bad or not is to try a small amount.

Eat half of what you normally would, that should not contain enough amounts to seriously poison you, if that is the case.

Try it out, and if only the usual buzz kicks in, then no worries. Most likely nothing will happen, since you wiped it clean.

7. yo its fine. if you wiped that shit with a dry towell and let it dry for 30 before the spill it would have already began to broken down. believe me, a company who claims bio-degradeablity and non-toxic use doesnt make harmful chemicals from their products last where used.

trust me man your fine. if you really are that scared then try a little bit and wait a day. see if you get any crazy shits, vomit, or whatever can come from that drug you named.

also good idea asking just in case. but i am very certain that you will not get any bad effects at all man. honestly. ok thats all. god bless.

8. I have been there, Mine was full of dog hair so i tossed it, I would eat that if I were you, or me for that matter. got a nice glow from brownies going now. good luck.

9. youll b fine. the cleaner residue (if there is any) isnt gonna b very toxic cus u use it on countertops where food n such is prepared

10. Update:
    Looked fine, smelled fine, tasted fine, worked just fine, I still feel fine. Yay!
    Thanks for the answers, y'all! :wave: