Spiders or mites

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Popcorn, May 17, 2019.

1. Will spider mites build a flat web not even on the plants? It looks like a flat web with multiple small spots on it but it is not actually on the plants it goes from the boarder of garden to a bird bath a foot or a little more away. Could this be spider mites if so I got them in the back yard. Ugggghhh

2. no spider mites usually make then webs on top of the buds they head for the highest point onthe plant/s .so if the web looks like a flat web i dont think its spiders mites ,,,,,,,but if your worried if your plants are not flowering spray them with soapy water to wash them down ,,,mac,

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks man it's just a veggie garden but I will will spray it down.

• Like Like x 1
  4. No, I agree with mactheman
    Spider mites make their web on the buds or on the plant.and can be thick and they will spread quickly

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thank for your advice.It is working.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I will get some pictures later but it was the biggest crazy outbreak of garden spiders. It looked like three golf balls on the side of my house and when I washed it down there was like a million. I am talking these suckers wouldn't die I washed em down and off the house and an hour or 2 later they had built an elaborate web system. Craziness I finally got the neighbor's pressure washer and shot them away from the house have only seen a few since.