Spiders and Mary J

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bigtee212, May 1, 2006.

1. Do they do anything to the plants? I live in mn if it helps. But my plants are in the garage right now and only thing that can get to them is spiders, and there are a few webs on thems. Just wondering if this matters. Thanks.

2. Spider webs on your plants? That doesn't sound good.

Do you have any fans on the plants to keep them dancing so the stems will grow strong? The reason I ask is that spiders probably wouldn't want to build a web on leaves and branches that are moving around all the time. So you want to make sure to have a small fan on your plants.

Are your plants in a box/cab or just out in the open in your garage? If in a box, how are the spiders getting in, and it doesn't make sense that they would want to build a web in an enclosed space.

More info please, but at the very least you will need to clean up those webs.

Spider mites can ruin your plants, but they are different than actual web-building spiders.

3. Spiders = good. Spider mites = VERY bad

4. Really? I know spiders are good for catching other bugs but didn't know it's good to have them building webs on the MJ.

5. I like spiders because they eat other bugs. I don't think building a web on your plant will hurt it at all. If, however, the web is surrounding your buds or leaves and they are showing signs of stress, they are probably mites and need to be dealt with.

6. HIGH All, same here...don't have a problem when I see a spider in my room....now The Borg....that's a different story.
    If the spider web is Bugging you just take it O.F.F.F. the plant.