Spidermites... are they still messing with my plants?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by silix, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Hi Guys

I'm a newbie grower on my third grow. I received some cuts which didn't look very healthy - turned out they had spiders mites. Woke up one morning and they were covered from top to bottom, with webbing everywhere.

I sprayed those fuckers down with no prevail. I did it again 24 hours later, this time ensuring that I was stroking every single leafs and cutting any leaves which looked irreparable. 4 weeks later and they seem to be doing fine; however I have noticed that there are still some leafs with some symptoms.

I have attached some images of the affected leafs - the last one is the underneath of a leaf which looks to have some very small white things on there. No visible movement so I'm not sure if its still mites. My best guess is that they are the eggs of spidermites, or something else entirely.

Much appreciated for any advice on what this actually is.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Neem oil and a sprayer from Lowes. Spray every 2 or 3 days as that is the time it takes to hatch a egg.
    Continue to spray TOP and BOTTOM of each leaf for a couple weeks to kill an infestation.

And those do look suspicious to me also.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks for the reply. Right, I'll make sure to give them another spray before lights out then.

Regarding the neem oil, how do I apply this? Or is it mixed in with the spray solution?

4. buy it by the pint I think and then mix a couple of lids of oil to 3/4 gallon of water in a 10 dollar pump up sprayer if memory serves.
    Make sure to spray every 2 to 3 days as that is the time it takes for the eggs to hatch. You ain't killin' eggs, just the bugs, the idea is kill em' young before they can lay more eggs.
    And in a couple weeks of spraying the underside of the leaves all eggs should have hatched and small mites were killed by the oil

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ahh ok, that makes sense.

Thanks for the advice bro. I'm going to wipe these little shits out.

6. Your welcome, pass it forward if you can

7. I use nor Cal 86 shit smells so good u will want to treat all ur girls! U can spray close to harvest also

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk