spider

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Patricia Clemons, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Hi all. its winter. Bugs arent horrible, yet i found a small spider, IN my grow tent. This is my first grow and my baby girls arent even 2 inches tall yet. Any safe ways to combat further problems?

I could potentially calk every crevice of that room, however that doesnt stop them from coming in from the closet or under the door from main room.

I was thinking spraying the angle portions of the walls with raid (not in tent, in room tent is in) That just doesnt sound like a good idea for the plants tho!

Perhaps something alnatural

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. When I find spiders and ladybirds I sling them in my grow room.

You should make it welcome, it will eat nasties.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Agreed. More the merrier. Make them feel welcome!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Suppose your right... This has got to be the 4th spider I’ve felt remorse for killing in the last 20 months :( The other most recent was a small jumping spider on my struggling baby cactus, I knew i should of/have let em live!!!!

Currrrrr

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. There is a debate about this in pandoras box or philosophy I cant remember which. But why would you kill a poor spider!

6. I use to pay the neighborhood kids to catch praying mantis for my outdoor grow buildings, never ever had a pest issue.

7. Bless the mantis for the devotion to G-d.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Spiders are great to have around in your grow ..they will trap many other nasties ..leave spiders alone ,,they are goodies ..mind you if you live in Australia id have second thoughts about spiders some nasty bloody spiders over there ,,mac,,

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. So upon reading horror stories of infestations, I went and found a spider i would not fear coming across (theres some scary biggins!) A lovely jumping spider i threw directly in the tent.
    [​IMG]

Lights had JUST turned off within minutes so i hope he enjoys his new home and tends to the ladies as i would, they now have two caretakers [​IMG] about a week old

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Your humidity is really low...do you live in the desert lol

11. Yip time to hang some laundry in that tent ....to dry!

12. Beats pissing up the walls everytime ya go in to check em.

13. oftopic/
    just pissed my post in gay thread was once again mis understood, pity I never talked with a gay?

14. yeh I wanted to know what you asked because I knew it would be comical

15. #15 Patricia Clemons, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    Its winter here. i have my exhaust on, bcuz air cooled mh bulb does get hot. 3 buckets of water AND a humidifier in my tent yet it stays 30%.... halp

One time during lights off i turned the fans off and humidity was 99% but thats a bit much!

I’ll grab some old towels and hangem wet

16. no biggy really

as you should consider growing out some seeds

if this low Rh and High temp is a permanent thing

as it comes under the heading a Acclimatization

where successive generations of one plant become accustomed

the the grow space and climate of your region (hi temps and low Rh)

cheers/

• Like Like x 1
  17. Like producing my own seeds? I have fem seeds but i read that right before harvest you can create high stress and then those seeds created could be viable.

Did more reading on my first grow, stumbled across a paragraph about seeds, no research done and not sure if that technique is all there is to it even.

18. [​IMG]
    Next time you buy in seeds include a few males or regular seeds,

Herbies Head Shop - Search for Regular, Autoflowering

you can still get male autos if you look hard ...lol

stressing plants to swap sex is not a healthy practice

as in most cases results in permanent herms

cheers/

19. [​IMG]
    Anybody care to come over and displace this into my growtent for pest protection?

20. I hate spiders. And have a mild case of arachnaphobia. I do not kill them if they are in my grow room or on my outdoor plants. The rest though are fair game. I will however, put my fears aside for you to help protect your plants.