Spider mites!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by timotei, Aug 1, 2012.

1. [quote name='"tplat"']You mix neem oil with water and a few drops of some mild non antibacterial dish soap. I`m dealing with a small spider mite problem I just found the other day on two of my outdoor plants and I use Pyrethrin. It kills pretty much any bug, spider or other insects that it comes into contact with.[/quote]

Dish soap has nasty chemicals in it I wouldn't want on my plant. Also jerry correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it was 1 tablespoon for neem not teaspoon?

2. If your in flowering I wouldnt spray with neem oil but if your in veg thats how I mixed it the couple of years I`ve used it with no problems. I just buy the neem oil at Lowes or Home Depot. I asked a guy I know who owns a hydro store and he said its fine to use. He also has a degree horticulture.

3. [quote name='"tplat"']

If your in flowering I wouldnt spray with neem oil but if your in veg thats how I mixed it the couple of years I`ve used it with no problems. I just buy the neem oil at Lowes or Home Depot. I asked a guy I know who owns a hydro store and he said its fine to use. He also has a degree horticulture.[/quote]

I agree not to spray in flowering, and if your growing organics like I am, using dish soap is bad.if your growing chemical you've already annihilated your microbes so yeah I guess use it but the liquid silicone also makes your plant more resistant to basically everything, heat, cold, disease, ect.

4. I'm sure you're right - at work and probably made a mistake - sorry about that!

5. Gonna look into the liquid silicone. Out outdoor summer grows are pretty much organic because its cheaper. However our indoor grows arent organic. We figure since were spending more to grow indoors in the winter months might as well go for the biggest and most potent we can get for the money.

6. Take a look at the chemicals in dish soap sometime. You can find them on the back of the soap bottles. These chemicals absolutely kill bacteria and are not good for your plants.

Silica is natural and organic - very good for your plants and emulsifier to boot. Common sense to me. One more thing - the neem oil from home depot or lowes is bottom of the barrel - try the neem from neemresource.com - the difference is night and day.

Jerry.

7. If you figure you should go for the biggest and most potent, Organics wins!

Try a strain organically, and at the same time grown in chemical sal based fertilizers - there's not even a vague comparison.

I grew using chemical nutes for almost 20 years before I was talked into trying real Organics - using homemade compost, homemade vermicompost/worm castings with a homemade soil mix, supplementing with fermented plant extracts
    And botanical teas.

I'll never, ever buy a bottle of chemical fertilizer again.

J

8. [quote name='"jerry111165"']

I'm sure you're right - at work and probably made a mistake - sorry about that![/quote]

No prob at all, I was just making sure I've been doing it right all this time haha

9. [quote name='"tplat"']

Gonna look into the liquid silicone. Out outdoor summer grows are pretty much organic because its cheaper. However our indoor grows arent organic. We figure since were spending more to grow indoors in the winter months might as well go for the biggest and most potent we can get for the money.[/quote]

My indoor grows will be organics as well as my outdoor...organics is so much easier and better, once someone tries a true organic soil mix I've never heard them say they'll grow chemical again, this is my first year organics and I know my chemical nutes will never be used again