Spider Mites Week 7 - Options?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by blizzt, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Well I have some nice Jamaican growing. Been using bio bizz nutes and Neem as an insecticide. Never had a mite problem before and with the neem wasn't expecting one.

So I found them on some leaf tips of one plant. First I noticed the web on a shade leaf. I had been inspecting the stalk of the plant and under the leaves but the are very clean. This leaf tip looked like it has some resin on the end. Then I as I looked at the little resin ball on the end if very faintly appeared to be moving. So I broke out the Radio shack microscope and sue enough little spider bastards all over the leaf tip. WTF is that? I thought the liked the underside of the leaf and stalk.

So lady bugs? I have other plants now in flower and in veg at different stages that are exposed.

2. bump...

really no suggestions?

3. Azamax organic pesticide. Worked for me with one application. Info says you can apply right up to the day of harvest.

4. Funny, I just ran into this on my first grow.

First started using Neem oil as a spot foliar spray.

Did some more reading/browsing and found out about AzaMax. Apparently not as "stinky" as Neem (kinda garlicky and can affect the final taste) but is safer to use on flowers and fruit nearly right up until harvest. Just bought some myself the other day and it appears to work pretty well. Expensive but it lasts awhile. Comes with a packet of instructions/doses for if you grow in soil, hydro, or want foliar spray.

Good luck, and get them bitches quick before they start to get bizzay!