Spider Farmer vs Mars Hydro LEDs

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by OC Joe, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Yes, without question.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. I will be using a meter for sure. The difference is quite a lot between the older Epistar, smd5050, and the newer Samsung LM301b and h diodes.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  3. I’ve tested for Mars Hydro (Pro II 160, and the first in US with the SP150’s), Galisteo Grow Lights, HLG (12-qb120 build in 4x4, and the first to build and test the HLG Elite360), Invisible Sun, Durolux, and I still participate in design and testing for Vividgro (FlowerMax and GroMax).

I’ve been sick since January so I’ve been slacking but we’ll see if Alibaba comes through. It would be a perfect time for me to document the lights, since I’m doing a comparative grow for DP here and one for Seedsman at The Cannalysts. Feels good to be back, for however long it lasts!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  4. I am loving my Fissioning lights so far and they make a 576 LED board, $299 and 10% off (the first one at least...might be able to use it twice if you do two transactions). So that's $568 max for 1152 LM301Bs @480W.

I ordered these ones (120W variant) cause I needed extra lights ASAP, since I got screwed by another company that never shipped, and these arrived in two days. I guess I can't be 100% sure they're real, because it's a smaller company, but they review well in forums. So far, they feel like a happy accident. Awesome spread with that diode layout. Nothing says you gotta go HLG. [

Sent from my SM-G975U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. Could we make a conclusion based on the wattage drawn? It should at least give us an idea, right?

this is a response from the seller:

"this 480w has 4 panels on board and each panel has 256pcs 301b diodes + 48pcs red 660nm = 304pcs each panel"

so 4x304 = 1216 LEDs drawing about 480W. Ofc dont know how the driver plays into that, Im no electrician...

some buyers have shown pictures that it actually draws that Wattage.

6. Way cool your trying to do this ,, one other big red flag on the so called Samsung boards coming from Alibaba/king brite ..
    Not kicking the King brite or Alibaba boards ,, because most everyone who has one likes them ….

But it bring up another issue..
    Lets just say the King brite boards are thee light to have ,,, sales would be huge ,, to the point it would be worth having stores in the USA , UK and the Middle east ,, believe it or not but Israel is the number one Cannabis researcher in the world ..
    Back to my point ,,

So I ask why they don't have a store in these countries ,, and here is the answer ,, customs is seizing shipping container of fake Name brand products that are being sold on line here in the states on places like Face book Amazon sellers and E bay ...
    These shipping containers of fake products are coming from e commerce on line sellers like Alibaba and Ali express ..

So when you talk to Alibaba or king Bright you might mention to them that you might wish to become a dealer of their lights ..
    There should be willing to do this ….

More thoughts is if these lights are fake and the buyer knows they are then these lights cannot be resold as being genuine Samsung Boards ..

Another give away is Alibaba/King brite is selling Samsung Boards that has Cree/Cob Diodes in the same Board .
    I promise you Samsung is not going to use their competitors Diodes ..

From what HLG told me the difference in the diodes is the electro Gold plating used on the Samsung LED's .
    You might just ask King brite to sale you or give you some Samsung Diodes ..
    If what Samsung says is true then ,,, King brite shouldn't have one genuine Samsung Diode ..on hand ...
    Good luck ..

• Like Like x 1
  7. A hole lot of members have gotten mislead on buying Led grow lights ..
    Nothing we can do about the past ….. but as we grow weed and run into all kinds of different problems we become for one educated ,,, and with experience we get wise or wisdom .

This knowledge with wisdom will be your guild to which lights you purchase your next go around ..

After I have assembled 19 Led grow lights , I don't ever see myself ever buying another pre assembled led grow light.
    For one I want my power supplier on the outside of the tent and the last place i would want a power supplier is on top of the heat sink ..
    Other reasons is now I only trust a hand full of electronic online stores that sell the Genuine Samsung boards and have a verifiable accounts with samsung ..
    Plus personally what I can assemble my Samsung/HLG boards for I really don't see enough savings to not buy from them .

Good luck ..

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Thank you very much for your thorough replies. I just really dont want to mess with electronics, but I started to watch some assemble videos and it doesnt seem too hard. I will keep researching and when I have money saved up make a decision.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. China's corporate tax is 25%
    Chinas import tax is 17%
    And that is after Chinas import tariff fee's which seem to be different depending how long the company has been in business and what products they are importing in .
    Both import tax and corporate taxes seem to be flexible depending on who you are ..
    This is not including export fee's .

Off the top at 25 % corporate taxes and 17% import taxes I don't know how any company in china could afford to import any name brand product and then sale internationally and make a profit ..

10. I got the sf2000 and i love it

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks for your feedback buddy, did you do a full run with it yet? I have heard the Mars TSW units have too much blue for flowering, how is that with the SF units?

12. #52 lilmink, Dec 19, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    Not a full grow yet, check out my thread

First Time Grow Advice - Flower Day 30

Also recently purchased the mars hydro ts 600w for a hermaph i had to separate, i notice a significant difference in the mars vs the SF. The SF buds are super frosty already.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I was just reading through some old threads. I would love to know what light you ended up going with and how it did. The fact that the Chinese might be faking Samsung diodes was trippy. Now I have to know if that’s true

14. I averaged 1.5 g per watt with the fake ones on my grow, so IMO legit LEDs :)

both pulled exactly 240W,

I bought two more, but one of those only pulls 200W , so not 100% quality depensing on seller. Still great lights

• Like Like x 1
  15. How cool of you to get back. Still man that’s pretty good. I did hear about the inconsistency issues with Chinese products. I think I’m headed towards the HLG 260 W QB v2. It’s 50 bucks more but it’s made here. When’s the last time you could say you bought something that was made here? That’s the one thing everybody seems to be recommending at least for my size tent. Thanks again man that was really cool of you

16. I have the spider farmer sf-4000 in my first grow. Still in veg stage but it seems perfect for my 4x4 grow. Water resistant, dimmable (it's not on full power during veg) and seems well built. I've been debating adding a second and was considering Mars hydro ts3000 as a more cost effective route. Saves about $100 in the purchase price with a similar energy usage and light coverage.

17. if you want to save money just go offbrand QB style. around $220 for 240W on Amazon or like $160 on Alibaba

18. Any specific resources you'd recommend for building our own lights?

I'm looking to add about 300W to my grow, the Mars Hydro TSW 2000W (300W) at $269 seems like a good bet... the Spider Farmer SF-2000 (200W) is 100W less and $300. Still wondering how much better Spider Farmer lights are over Mars.

19. #59 lightingcaost, Jan 17, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
    Both of these brands are trustable and proving well-made grow from many years.