Spider Farm Light Run.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Deleted member 1100886, Jun 4, 2020.

1. #1 Deleted member 1100886, Jun 4, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2020
    So here we go.....

spider farm reached out to me and wanted to sponsor a run. ill give my current set up and then what they added at the end of this post.......

this will once again be a R-DWC run.

nutes will be the green leaf line with the addition of some cal-mag and hydro guard.

stain is two barneys farms LSD clones given to me by a friend, then blue dream X cookie cross that was bred by a friend of mine and they are starting from seed......

current lights before spider farm reached out:
    x2 alibaba lights 250w a piece with far red.
    1 spider farm sf-4000 (450w) donated by a friend of mine who changed minds....

total of 950w rough numbers not actual cause i have never went to get a meter. this run i will so i can tell accurately what i am going to be pulling.....

what spider farm sent:
    spider farm has provided me with two SF-1000 (90w a piece) .... these lights are not ideal for my setup. but i have plans that i think they will work into the program well.....

the run being in a tent and my third ever. i will be scrog'ing this run using a home made screen. i used 1x1's and garden netting with 2" square holes (pics to come). i am thinking the lights SF sent to me will be used as bottom supplemental lights or i will be rotating them up top to help knock out dark spots......

the SF lights arrived yesterday. so i will be getting an actual review on my next post.

the girls.... the clones are adapting to hydro, they were in soil when i got them. then one of the seedlings i lost when i transferred to the DWC system. they were germinated in a aeroponics cloner and set in the sun light..... i think the sunlight that they were getting wasn't enough and it was shocked when put under good lights...... but i have a new seed germinating and watching the survivor.... res change is needed though, i got the system full last Thursday and its defiantly time.... i wish i didnt clean my system and instead just went with it.... building up good bacteria is no small feat.....

alright yall, im out for now.

Also here is the link to the light’s that were given to me
    Epic Led Grow Light Grow Light & Tent & Grow Kits

• Like Like x 3
  2. So here are the photos that everyone wants to see........
    22ACC3C6-5253-4B26-A308-07CFD85C8F0A.jpeg EF385BF1-545E-47D9-AE7A-B3490ED751AB.jpeg 23399246-4907-47F1-9BC6-CCA0BBC4E0AF.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ok so the lights......

as for the sf-1000.
    they are nice sturdy lights and blow the alibaba lights out of the water on looks. The drivers are mounted neatly, they are nice coated boards for water resistance. They are all around a cleaner product, at this point the price point is good, but the Alibaba lights are double the power for one of the spider farm lights (or should be). With already having a sf-4000, I am sure the boards are the same, so the light I know will be impressive.

They say the sf-1000 can flower a 2x2. I believe it, but I don’t think it would be enough, and that I mean is by the shadows a plant will cast and so fourth. Also the math for a 2x2 and flower doesn’t add up imo. And seeing how close I was to a 1kw hps finishing out flower last run, I know the “standard” 32w per square foot is really on the low side. I wanna aim for closer to that 45-50w per square foot.......

The sf-4000
    Built just as well, and just as good as the sf-1000 not much difference other than size..... the 4000 though is closer to the numbers I wanna see for a 4x4. They say it can flower a 5x5 but I’ll call bs due to the fact that the boards are not spaced enough and the light concentration is not wide enough. Also it’s very crappy there are two drivers, but it could also aid in less heat. But idk....

at the moment, non of these drivers have exposed dimmers...... by far that is the absolute worst, cannot stand it and its defiantly a short fall and a sign of corner cutting especially at the price point of these lights in comparison to alibaba.... there is no reason as for me pushing close to 500w for vegging plants........ as you can see from my above photo, I have 5 total fixtures and only one on, the sf-4000........

I do have a good feeling though having these lights in action. They are defiantly clearer with the mix of 3k and 5k lights over my Alibaba 35k boards so that is nice not having the “yellow warm” tint to the light when Looking at it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Sweet...subbed they hit me up but been couple days since heard from them

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. I'm with ya too bro!

Sent from the future

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. I dig it. Subbed up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Thanks papa! I hope it gets wild

• Like Like x 1
  8. I’ll reach back out to them as well

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thank you tootall! This thread will be a once a week update for sure though...... I have a lot of moving parts in my life atm, so when I do post it will be bigger dumps of info

10. Thank you gro! And your ACJ’s looked great!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Subbed up ! Looking to make the switch from hid to these after seeing @Smokem Biggins kill a soil grow with them . Mouths watering just thinking about these in hydro .

LSD is a wicked strain , grew one out in scrog and she took all the training I threw at her . Took well to dwc too and grew rapid quick .

Best of luck .

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 4
  12. Yes I'm definitely watching

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  13. Someones low key wantin to cross over lol

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  14. No joke lmfao!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sara you hidin up in here!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Subbed, starting a sponsored run talking about the short falls makes me think this will be a fair appraisal.

Sent from my PCT-L29 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  17. Bro, I don’t hold back, if I think something is shit, I’ll tell em.... even if that turns them off from ever sponsoring me again.... but do note that I finished out my last run with the SF-4000 and I was highly impressed on how my girls swelled about a week after adding it to my Alibaba boards...... every plant swelled soooo much more and one didn’t want to finish.......

• Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Porky we think its based on how many ''likes'' you been gettin..many of us were asked..most of us used to be on the mars-hydro thread and had long relationships wit them..one day they abruptly closed the thread and pulled the plug..no explanations given..the very nxt day we strt getting feelers frm SF..somewhat intrigueish..this is China you dealin wit..theres a reason canada has banned huwaei..up to you but are you comfortable dealin wit an authorian dictatorship and supporting them ..you cannot belive how duped the citizens are..bothered me

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1