Spend Money When You Dont Have It.

Discussion in 'General' started by DMX, Mar 4, 2010.

1. I spend all my money on drugs. I dont have a job. I cannot pass the drug tests. I also dont have a job because I dont have a car. I dont have a car cause I dont have a job. All my money goes to weed, cigarettes, food, and other recreational fun activities. Anyone else have this problem? I feel like spending my last dollars on a tiny bag of weed is a waste, but at the same time Im saying to myself " who cares its only 10 dollars". I think the only way to save my money is to quit smoking for a while, pass a DT, and get a job. Anyine in the same boat as me?

2. I used to be the same as you. I haven't really smoked much in the past 9 months though (1 blunt) but it's due to probation, either way, I've been able to see what the truly important things are to me. Maybe you should stop smokin for a while, at least until you can properly proitize your life.

3. Nope. I just moved out of my house and got a promotion, actually.

Wake up and get off your ass. You're responsible for your future.

4. I've been there man.

Poster above was a pretty big dick about it, but yea, pretty much what you gotta do.

It's up to you to make changes.

5. Dude, seriously, get a job. Don't let weed run your life. You're not a freakin crack head. Stop smoking and get a job.

6. Either way, there are also jobs that don't require drug tests, they might not be super good jobs, or even good jobs, but a job is a job.

Try the hole in the wall temp agencies, I just got a job at a place called verdelli farms dumping lettuce into a giant washing machine. It's a shitty job, but you know what, it's 9 bucks an hour, and it's on a bus route, and I didn't need to pass a drug test.

7. Also note, when I went into this temp agency the first time to get this one job I did, they asked me to pee in a cup. I told them straight up it would be hot for marijuana.

She skipped the drug test and gave me the job,.

8. How is that being a dick? It's called being honest. I could sit here and blow smoke up his ass (like that pun?) or tell him how it really is. I don't bullshit, sorry.

It's natural selection. If you sit on your ass and spend money you don't have and are worthless... guess what? You're going to be like that until you wake up and change YOURSELF.

I don't think anyone on this forum HASN'T had this issue in their life at some point or another, you just have to grow up and rise above it. That's all there is to it.

9. Get a job that doesn't drug test :hello:

10. It's not about what you said, which has truth to it, it's how you said it.

Never say a hard thing without a soft heart.

11. Also if you yourself have been in the position you might know just how depressing it can be. Feelings of guilt and shame overwhelm some people when things like this happen. The last person you're going to take advice from is the person that made you feel even shittier in the time of your downfall.

So if you're going to say something constructive, a hard thing, something blunt, you need to back it up with understanding. The truth is he does need to get a job, any job, and stop being a victem, but he's not going to get that message if you were to say "Get up off your ass and get a job", he's going to get the message "you're being lazy".

Which may be true as well, but the point is, effective persuasion and advice comes from soft words combined with truth. The truth is already staring him in the face, and it scares the shit out of him. It makes him feel shitty, bitter about the world, shameful of what he sees himself becoming.

The only way to make the truth acceptable is with kind words of encouragement.

Not harsh words of rebuke.

12. You're right. I posted what I did because I'm proud of myself - It came off arrogant I guess, and for that I apologize.

Life is what you make of it, though. You should always be striving to be the best version of yourself to date. I get annoyed when I see younger people wasting their talent and brain power because of laziness or drug use. I just want people to be successful and use their mind to their advantage, that's all. I get a little irritated at these kinds of threads, sorry guys!

13. This is extremely contructive and leagues ahead of what you previously wrote!

You have a right to be proud sir!

But don't forget where you came from.

14. Don't be a deadbeat. Business first, then play. Gotta think about the long term.

15. Good post - if you met me in person you would have a different opinion of me than the one I just built for myself out of annoyance. Plus my roomates dog is barking like a bitch and I just had surgery, so I'm a little AHHH!!

16. #16 DreamCalledLife, Mar 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2010
    Don't worry bro I haven't made any judgements of anyone, I'm sure you're pretty chill forreal, heck man you post on Grasscity.

I could have been being overanalytical in regards to your post due to the fact that I am just recently pulling myself out of a similar situation.

I just remember harsh things that were said to me, it made me want to keep self destructing, not get better.

17. this.
    its not worth it.

18. That's probably one of the most important things said.

You're not a crack head.

You aren't man.

You aren't a shitty person.

You don't need to be ashamed of yourself.

You need to have the courage to take the steps to prove to yourself, and no one else, that you are the good, productive, awesome person that you know or knew yourself to be.

19. whos your atm? i dont see how you have money for weed if your life revolves around weed to the extent that you're jobless and still smoking.

20. #20 DreamCalledLife, Mar 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2010
    Parents and friends enable him I would assume.

Hustling is easy.

Especially if you have connections.

But you propose a good point.

OP: You're climbing a glass wall.

OP: You're spinning plates, and soon they will come crashing down.

OP: You're trying to hold up four walls by yourself.

IE: Your ATM is going to inevitably run out of cash.