speeding

Discussion in 'General' started by JR123, Oct 5, 2007.

1. so i think im fucked. i just got pulled for going 66 in a 35 zone. the only good part is it is my first offense of any kind and he didnt search my car. heres the part where i am confused he gave me a speeding citation. which apparently means i have to go to court then i get some other punishment. i have to pay 120 in court fees and then probably pay a big ass fine after they judge me cause i was going so fast. why did he not just give me a ticket? anybody know? and does anybody know what the difference is between this citation and a ticket besides i have to go to court instead of just paying.

2. if you go 15+ over the speed limit its reckless driving so you have to go to court for it. same thing happen to my sister. She was doin 100 in a 50 and she ened up doing community service for a while cause it was her first offence and stuff like that

3. and um is there anything i could do in court to help this at all? like i was thinking maybe let them know im an eagle scout. or do i just need to act really sorry and shit?

4. sucks to live in the states...

my gf got pulled over doing 197km/h in a 100km/h zone and she only got a fine... fair enough it was quite a hefty fine ($1002.50 to be exactt) but she kept her license, and didnt have to do any community service

5. my ssiter wore her varsity jacket with all her varsity letters cause shes the golden child in school. That help alot in the character issue so do stuff like that just to show your good character

6. speeding citation = speeding ticket, they're the same thing. Just go pay the fine.

7. there is no fine there is a court fee but then i also have to deal with whatever the court decides it sucks balls cause i have no job so im going to have to ask my parents for the money and pay them back