Speeding Ticket

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Arbiter, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Didn't really know where to put this or if people would even help, but here goes haha.

Pretty much was driving to work in the morning and was running late. Come over a hill and while going down I picked up speed and didn't really brake at all(was already going kind of fast). Now officer pulls up behind me and pulls me over. Comes up to the window(really dark tint but had my front's down, not rears) and ask's for just my license, didn't ask for registration. Asks me if I knew why I got pulled over and I said no officer so he tells me I was speeding and I was going 71 in a 45. So he goes to his car then comes back to my car meters my front windows and ends up being 9%, which legal is 32 % plus or minus 3%( I thought I bought 15% lol) then goes back to his vehicle. He comes back to the car after about 10 mins of waiting, and hands me two tickets. One for having the tint too dark obviously, and the second for the speeding violation.

Now for my questions and a little history.
    History:

• I've had two accidents, one was ruled my fault and the other not. And had a couple of other speeding violations which resulted in license suspension, but I got it back after a defensive driving class(15 points geez, and I know it was dumb as hell and should have learned my lesson.)
    Questions:

• Officer got my race down wrong on the ticket, I am hispanic, and he wrote white, but I am very light skinned so I see that.
    • Officer didn't sign tickets, so I've read that he legally didn't charge me with anything since he didn't sign it. True?
    • Lasered at 1039ft which I've read that the typical distance that they should aim at is 400-600ft. And that they are trained to not shoot beyond 1000ft(is this true)
    So I just was wondering if anyone had any advice or anything. And it would be greatly appreciated.

2. I wish I had the answer for you. However there is a thread in Pandoras that is basically a Q&A with a former Police officer. I suggest posing this question in that thread for the best response.

3. Well, when you go to appear, you can plead no contest and go to trial. SO if you go to trial you no longer get to do driving school and no fine reduction. But when you show for your trial date the cop has to come also. So you would present all this info proving the cop went about it the wrong way. The judge will listen to both sides and figure it out fair. If the cop doesn't show up the the ticket and all fines or points no longer happen. Your free! The judge can also rule the case 50 / 50... So if you cant do driving school anyways its worth a shot.

I had to report to a speeding ticket today and the cop didnt show :0) So this ticket never happened, didnt get fined or point. Judge told me the cop isn't here your free to go !!!!

4. I have no advice man, it sucks, your insurance all go up. Unless you get the charges dropped.

This reminds me of something I read in the news the other day. Some guy was speadin down a local road, going 100km/h over the speed limit, and he gets pulled over. After asking the driver for his liscen and registration, the police officers asked the man why he was going so fast:

"I just came out of a drive through car wash, I was trying to dry my car."

^After reading that, I was just like: Buddie had to be high, who the fuck else would come up with ssuch a half ass excuse for speeding??

Ill try to find a link, to the story. But im not sure if the local news paper(Northern Life) has an online site, I live in a small ish town. The paper only covers are town to.

5. Laser distance won't stand up in court, it will go in the favor of the office, since its almost impossible to beat laser and also, pending what type of gear he had, its impossible to tell if that will help, which once your in the room, prob wont help.

Didn't sign the ticket, prob won't help if he shows up at court. But it might help? I don't know enough about GA laws to really know if that is a factor or not, I believe its not tho.

Could go and try to plea it down, might get the tint charge dropped.

6. yea, cause I work at best buy, so Ima just get a receipt that shows de-installatino of the tint lol. And take it off obviously and get a picture of it to prove. As far as the ticket, I'm pretty sure if he shows up all they will do is give him the ticket to sign it then and there. So no such luck.