Speed up Flowering?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by medicalbotanist, Nov 5, 2011.

1. I am a relatively new grower. I have exactly 7.5 weeks to flower. I don't have the time to let them flower longer. I am running well used 1000W HPS bulbs. The ladies are in their 3rd week and the buds are showing but not really popping yet. The were grown from seed and vegged for about 6 weeks from seed. They are in various size pots 3-5 gallon, mostly 5. The temperatures are a little hard to control (45-90 F.) I am doing my best, using heaters, intake/exhaust/circulating fans, misting during the day, to try and control the temperature. The strain is a cross between (Northern lights X Big bud) and (Lemon kush X ?purple). Most are showing the (Northern lights X Big bud) phenotype. I have been doing some light LST bending to keep the canopy height down.

Does anybody have any techniques to speed up flowering and put on significant weight, without killing the plants?

2. no. maybe buy a bud booster or stress the plant into finishing early. ie piercing the stem, consecutive darkness(when u wanna chop giv it three days of complete dark). that will do soemthing to quicken it but you cant just make a plant flower faster

3. Try changing your light cycle.

11 on 13 off

Than every week cut the light by 15.

"By reducing 15 minutes of light weekly and mimicking the sun it gives the plant signals to fatten up and ripen fast. 11/13 cuts your flowering period down while giving you bigger fatter flowers"

Above quote was straight from this months issue of SKUNK magazine

4. All right I will try changing the lights. Thanks.