Spectacular photo, Volcano creates its own lightning

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Sir Elliot, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Blades,

Check this out

[​IMG]

Not a photoshop, a real photo of the volcano in iceland. I don't know about you, but I'm experiencing a strange temptation to worship the volcano for some reason...

Anyone have a virgin to sacrifice to stop this thing?

2. haha thats fuckin crazy. we can sacrifice my cat. is that good enough?

3. Eh the real risk from volcanos isn't so much co2 as it is sulphur dioxide and particulates.

4. oh and lava

5. I want these in large form for my background lol. Amazing

6. yea does any1 have these full size???

7. Talk about Clash of the Gods. Imagine living thousands of years ago and seeing something like this. I would write all kinds of crazy stories about them and worship them, too.

Definitely great photos.

8. Kali is piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssseeed.

9. Has there been an increase in volcanic and seismic activity this past year? It seems like there has been, but it could just be the 24 news channels.

10. DAT

[​IMG]

volcano ASS

11. Yeah that too. Fucking lava. I still have Mario Brothers nightmares from falling into the lava.

12. Ehh it's more perception than a significant increase. As cities get larger and the world gets more interconnected, earthquakes can do more damage and they get reported on a whole lost faster.

If anything there is some evidence to suggest the last 200 years have been a bit of a lull in activity (but in geological time 200 years is absolutely nothing), and in the larger scheme of things the last 10,000 years have definetly been a lull.

13. I've been saying Earth has been getting boring lately, for almost as long as I can remember..

This helps:eek:

14. Especially because it's happen to Europe and not America, making it far more funny.

15. Times ten, in fact. I think it'd be cool if they flew a couple of people set for excecution over the damn thing and just pushed them the fuck out.

:metal: It'd kill them, and be cool. And it'd be a great reality Tv show!:cool: