Speckles

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by raymont, Oct 2, 2018.

1. My plants have this speckling condition. It is either a deficiency or excess calcium in the water. Any thoughts? mmj deficiency.jpg ly 2 things I can think of.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mites. And if you don't do anything ASAP, they will soon build webs and suck your plants dry! :eek2:

How to Use Dr. Bronners As Insecticidal Soap (news - 2014)
    How to Use Dr. Bronners As Insecticidal Soap | Hunker

Make up a bucket of soap solution (I like the peppermint soap). Cut a circle of cardboard, put a slit in it for the plant's stem, slip it over the soil and dip your plants clear up to the cardboard. Repeat every 3 days for 2 weeks.

A small bottle of Dr Bronner's Peppermint soap is only about $5. It smells MUCH better than neem oil. Insecticidal soaps are completely safe to use around kids and pets. It washes off the next day with plain old water, so no residues on your buds. And since insecticidal soaps kill by stripping off the mite's waxy coating, causing death by dehydration, mites can NOT become immune to it.

Dr Bronner's soap is available at health food stores and many markets. (FYI- Grocery Outlet in NorCal currently has big bottles of Dr Bronner's Peppermint soap for just $10, so check them first.) You can also find it online.

Be sure to read the label- it's a quite a trip! Old Dr Bronner may have been a bit "out there", but he made excellent products! I've been using his soap (and other products) for about 40 years.

Granny :wave:

3. No. Absolutely clean. Checked with microscope. My first thought also. It is a deficiency.