Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sparking and crackling bud

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Jmc1286, May 9, 2020.

1. Every time I light a bowl up, it crackles and sparks go flying. The taste is a little bit off and it is very spongey weed. Is this stuff fine to use?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. [​IMG] here’s another picture of the bag

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I don't know why it's doing that, but it shouldn't. You can probably do a water cure and if it's caused by something water soluble it will wash it away. It looks like quite a bit so you could try a water cure on a couple of buds. If you need instructions on a water cure just ask. It's quite simple. Good luck, mate, and welcome to Grasscity.

4. Yea spent a pretty penny on this “top shelf” bud. How do I go about curing them and how do I know if the cure works?

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have heard of this happening because someone didn't flush their plants with water. They called it "magnesium snap."

• Like Like x 1
  6. Makes since cuz it literally looks like little firecrackers going off

• Like Like x 2
  7. You will know if a water cure works because your bud will stop sparking. Put as much as you want to experiment with- don't have to do it all until you see if it works- in a jar, weigh it down and cover with water. Change the water at least once daily for seven days. The first day or so you may want to change the water more frequently. After seven days dry your herb. I put mine in a fine mesh colander and point a fan at it.It will look different and will shrink and lose some weight. All the potency will still be there. Trics don't dissolve in water. If you don't want to do the whole seven days, when the water is clean after 24 hours you should be good. All the water soluble nasties, plus chlorophyll will be gone and the smell will be mild. Good luck with it.

• Like Like x 1