Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Spain Weed Culture from experiences

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by jkwarrior200, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Hello everyone this thread is for anyone interested in the weed culture of Spain and how it differs from the US or other places. When I came to Spain for my study abroad I knew I wanted to learn the weed culture from Spanish people not just being an American here smoking weed. The first step was making Spanish friends who smoke. Once I did that I really started learning the culture.

Law enforcement-from what I've experienced and heard from Spanish friends is it can vary location to location in a city and in Spain.
    Private residence-you can smoke in your house without issues and cultivate for personal consumption however from what I've heard police may take the plants and weed if they have to come to your house for some reason and if you have more than the amount allowed or it looks like you are selling you will have big issues. (Meterse en un lío grande)
    Public-this is very variable and can make smoking in Spain tricky. My Spanish friends tell me 600€ ticket can be given to you for smoking in public or caught with weed on you in public. Additionally police (generally more with youth) will sometimes (not always depends on cops) search you just for looking like you smoke weed (wearing a weed shirt, hat ect). One time me and my friend were standing by a building in a parking lot and he had just smoked (no smell in air however). Then I saw the police and said the police are right there and as soon as they got out of their car he did a 180 degree turn and made eye contact with them. Then they basically came over and searched everything we had (luckily they didn't find anything and I mean extremely lucky) they also pat down very thoroughly (I'm talking patting your nut sack). Basically if a cop sees you smoking in public in Seville Spain they will likely search you and ticket you. There are a few exceptions to this
    1. I have heard in some areas in the city there are less police so a very small chance of ever getting seen
    2. Youth gatherings- I don't really know a word for this but I'll describe them. In some parking lots or parks on Fridays and Saturdays when the weather is good people will drive their cars (although very few) and or walk to these parking lots or parks turn on music and basically drink and smoke whatever and police just tend to look away. If I had to guess anywhere from 75-150 people on these days. I have never seen a police come by and start searching people however my friends say occasionally they do and you just put whatever your smoking out of sight and they just tend to look for really drunk people or fights. Maybe you could call them tailgates except without and sports involved.
    Pueblos-apparently in towns there are significantly a smaller number of police and police cars (sometimes one police car to a town which has to do rounds through the whole town to find you however usually concentrates on more serious matters) also with everything in towns being spread out you could likely find a place where they wouldn't pass. In the city it is significantly harder because there are a lot of police and they like ticketing you to make money.
    They will also use motorcycles to drive around parks and places where the cars can't get specifically looking for kids smoking.

Culture-in the US it seems we tend to set a hit number at the beginning of a joint or blunt 1-3 puffs. And 1 for pipes and bongs. In Spain it's different first off a lot of times people when smoking with friends will hold the joint for a good 5 minutes and take 5-8 puffs before passing it. Secondly-joints are what's smoked here 90-95% of the time. Thirdly- it's usually always a spliff (like 50/50 mix) and to this day they still think it's weird in the US many people just smoke joints with weed only.

Terms-
    Trap-what I'm calling the houses in the more ghetto part of the city where people sold hash/weed/paki out of. I never even had the number of the dealer from these places just would go up to there door knock get let in and there would be people waiting to buy from these people. Usually had the best quality and or best prices compared to buying in neighborhoods and such.
    Pillar- to pick up
    Verde/Hierba- weed
    Polen/Rubio-Hash
    Paki- the hash that was apparently mixed with other stuff
    Porro-joint
    Camello-drug dealer
    Pipa-pipe
    Fumado/Ciego-to be high or stoned
    Vascilon-a high
    Placa-brick or a plaque of hash I'm estimating in the area of 30-50grams a plaque.

The goods-
    Hash/(polen)- hash tends to be more popular than the flower itself because it comes from morocco they will take the hash and mix it with tabaco and smoke it that way. The hash can vary in quality to really good to pretty dark brown hash that sucks.
    Prices around the neighborhood 5€ you start to get more for less around 20€ at once.
    Price from traps 3.5€ a gram for the good stuff. Spending larger amounts 50-100€ would get you more for less however not sure how much but way cheaper than it would be in the US.
    Placa-kind of like a brick of hash when you tend to buy larger amounts.

Flower-everything from mids to low-high grade. Although with most of the weed I tried I started realizing they don't cure it properly many times here so that's why Spanish people always say putting tabaco makes it burn better (makes up for the bad curing jobs)
    Price in neighborhood 5€ gram
    Traps-usually had low-mids at 2.5€ a g and then for the good stuff 3.5-4€ a gram
    20€-5.3 grams of the good stuff
    80-100€ would probably get you around an ounce of the good stuff after this price can start to drop pretty good. I'm told in the pueblos 200€ could get you around 60-120grams. (Really depends on who it is and the quality)
    KILO-2.2 pounds or 1000 grams was told that of yo found someone in the pueblos or towns outside the city could be around 600-700€.

Paki- this stuff was a hash from morocco that usually came in a cylindrical shape called a Bola that looks like it was stuffed of someone's butt to get here. A very dark sticky hash my friends told me probably has other stuff added to it.
    30€- 1 Bola 10 grams.

NOTE-spain is a poor country and the youth don't tend to have jobs and can't afford those larger amounts like some in the US do. Most seem to buy 20€ or less at once. Unless they are selling you don't see 18-22 year olds dropping 200-300€ at once on bud or hash unless they were planning to sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum