Space

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by hoast, Aug 2, 2005.

1. I cant find a space thread.. I looked like 3 pages and didnt see one..

But anyways, what do you guys think of space? They just discovered that 10th planet.. But my biggest thing is whats out there? I know it may seem like the total old blah-blah whats out there but seriously think about it.. WE all are humans, hair, live on earth with water and sun.. Why would we be so selfish to think we're the only ones who can live? There has to be at least an animal-type something out there, not even neccessarily an alien or human like figure, but there still maybe a human type thing that lives out there, no one knows, and do you think we ever will? I think yes. If we just discovered this 10th planet, since discovering pluto, how long has that been, long, right? But thats because technolgy has advanced. Just imagine in 100 years what else we'll find.. More plants? More suns closer to us? More people?

2. You rather should do a search for 'aliens' since that's what you're actually talking about...

3. I think there a some mircroscopic bugs on mars

4. didn't they find that planet years ago and call it "Planet X"? or did they discover it wasn't a planet and now they found something different? i heard about this discovery from somewhere but i can't remember where..

5. im pretty sure that they said in millions of years venus would be able to support bugs

6. I wanna be alive to at least see some cool shit at LEAST

7. read the book rare earth, it will explain why there is no other life near us.

im sure somewhere in teh universe there is life, but for it to be close to us, and advanced enough at the same time we are for any type of communication, is rediculously unlikely.

but ill bet bacteria is everywhere.

8. ok.... lets say space goes on for infinity. do you know the chance of their being life on a planet? with food chains, digestive systems and all that shit, its a pretty low chance for that to form on another planet. even though there is a low chance, there is still a chance, and if space goes on forever, then that 1 in 10000000000000000000000000000 chance of life existing will eventually .. well i dont really know how to word it but i think you can catch my drift.

and ...
    we are living in the most technologically advanced time ever on this planet, you are defianitly seeing some cool shit