Space

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by I Wayne, Jan 29, 2010.

1. This is not true. It is the G-forces that a human can't handle. Speed is not the problem. Currently we are on a planet that is moving faster than any car, or airplane that we have ever flown. Since we are not accelerating, we do not even realize that we are moving. I am certain that a human would be able to handle any speed without passing out, just as long as the acceleration to get up to that speed did not exceed G5. Most humans will lose consciousness at an acceleration of G5 or higher. G-forces are multiples of the force of Earth's gravity. Meaning that if you experience a force of G3, you are experienceing 3 times the force of Earth's gravity pulling on you.

Warp speed is NOT impossible. Just because we haven't yet acheived something does not mean it is impossible. You are correct that it will probably not happen any time soon, but it will definately happen sometime. Science WILL accomplish these hurdles no matter what. Just give it time. But, like I said, if we could find a way to accelerate a space vehicle to the speed of light, humans could handle it, just as long as the G-Forces didn't exceed G5.

Just like driving a race car. If you were to accelerate from 0mph to 100mph in one second, you would probably die, because of the internal damage your organs would experience. But, if you take your time, it doesn't matter how fast the car is moving, you will not experience any major G-forces. (until you crash):D

2. I think now that our pres. is finally letting private company's do most of the research and dev. for space flight (getting to and from along with moving around in space) it will happen much much faster. Hell Space Ship Two is already almost ready for commercial flights and you KNOW whoever is the first to be able to cheaply fly cargo into space is gonna be the next J.P.Morgan.

3. We should eject our garbage in to outer space. We should just send it towards a black hole and that will be the end of our garbage problem. Ofcourse....it would be a little pricy to do so. :cool:

4. #24 viper2788, Feb 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2010
    i believe we will sail to other worlds(planets) just as columbus had sailed to the americas.. and just like columbus we will run into indians(aliens) and there will be moments of peace AND war in the future.

in fact, im really looking forward to it. discovering other alien civilizations will ultimately bring mankind closer together, reducing racism(in our terms) and ending our own "civil wars." BUT that unifying factor just may be another war with another alien race. fact is, life in general will always fight and struggle over limited resources and for power. one day we will either have to fight for our own survival, or fight to exploit another world. but who knows.. we may end up on top of the ultimate food chain:cool:

i believe people dont think much of space because as for now, its irrelevant to our lives... but we def will someday.

edit: oh and as far as UFOs go, i do believe some of the sightings were real, despite all the fake ones people make/claim for publicity. theres no visual proof, but people have said to have seen UFOs in space since ancient times. mankind and technology has been around for thousands of years(small fraction of time compared to earths lifespan), and look how far we've come in the past century, even. assuming theres other life forms elsewhere, there has to be civilizations way older, and thus, far more advanced than we are.. as technology seems to go up in an exponential rate. now regardless of where you live in the universe, PHYSICS is uniform throughout.. and technologies will be similar. modern theoretical physicists suggest we may indeed to able to build crafts capable of such speeds and manuevers in the near future, although it is rather puzzling as of now.

it may be very possible aliens may be watching us develop in our own natural way. just like national geographic... we never interfere with the animals even if we could of helped it survive. we leave it to nature, but watch for the sake of science.

5. yea we either exploit others or get exploited BY others. its like asking lions and impalas to get along... they may for awhile, but eventually the lions WILL get hungry. we gotta fight for that top spot in the universal food chain!

6. #26 Martano666, Feb 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2010

You make a good point. I have always thought that aliens (when we encounter them) will bring the human race together. I mean, regardless of whether or not the aliens are hostile/aggressive, I think humans would naturally bond together if we ever encounter an equally intelligent species that could possibly overthrow us. How could we still be at war with each other when there is a much LARGER war to fight against the aliens?? It seems like it would make any problems here on earth pale in comparison.

Also, we know that animals can live in environments that humans can't. (underwater, etc) and have evolved to do so. There are even fish that live 7 miles below sea level, in the deepest parts of the ocean. Imagine the external pressure that a fish like that must be capable of withstanding!! I wonder if we brought those fish up to the surface, would they explode???

So, we know that life can adjust to live in many types of environments, and all it takes is a little H2O. Now, let's see. Over a billion planets in every galaxy. We can't even estimate how many galaxies there are, because we don't know if there are boundries in outerspace. So, maybe there is an endless number of galaxies out there. ENDLESS!! Each one, with billions of potential homes for other species. Someone please tell me how there is any doubt in people's minds regarding life outside of planet earth! lol.

7. hmm as deltron would say, "Aliens landed said our planet wasn't worth invadin, cause all the natural recourses are fading!"