Southpark is losing it's edge to me

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by aKidYouWanaKnow, May 8, 2011.

1. Cartman: "how do you get away with not paying your slaves?"
    teacher dude: "Slaves what slaves?! Oh you mean our students!!"

2. It never had an edge for me.

3. OMG crack baby b ball was HILARIOUS OMFG. "dude you sound like cartmen"

"ohhhhh.... nooooo....."
    LOL

4. #104 devilzlettuce, May 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I like when butters falls of the table

5. They have been going for 15 seasons though and its hard to keep your edge and create new plots when you have gone for that long. I would say the newer episodes are hit or miss but I still love the show. I will say its not been the same since chef left. :(

6. All I'm going to say is.. Royal pudding? Really?

7. #107 devilzlettuce, May 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    But its tradition… are you going against tradition?

8. Maybe you just grew up. Cartoons are for children.

9. I will 60 years old and still watching Hey Arnold! and Rocket Power. :)

10. No cartoons are for people who realize maturity is the biggest load of shit of all time :D

What does it mean to grow up? I think anyone who says that to someone (for the most part) is what an immature person is.. "mature" hahahaha growing up is just adjusting to life if someone adjusts differently then you and you say they have not grown up then your stuck in one ignorant hole amigo :smoke:

11. I missed the latest one due to a trip to disney. What was it about/any good?

12. crack babies playing basketball.

one of the funniest ones in a while.. i liked it a lot

13. Sounds like something worth watching tonight after a session with my mflb:smoke:

14. crack baby basketball, royal wedding, and TMI were all great....

crack baby basketball was the best for me because I hate the NCAA and how college sports are structured so it really appealed to me. the "student ath-o-letes" scene with Cartman was the greatest lol

15. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

They're playing one of those stop animal cruelty commercials with all the shots of abused animals and starving animals walking all fucked... right before Crack Baby Basketball comes on... :laughing:

I bet I crack a rib as soon as I see the crack baby commercial.

16. #116 Shanx420, May 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2011
    It's definitely not as good as it used to be. It seemed to happen kind of suddenly too, with the start of season 14 I'd say. All three of those "Coon" episodes were awful, like horrible.

I don't understand why Cthulhu suddenly became relevant and worthy of an appearance on South Park. I feel like the only people who could have enjoyed that are the nerdy types that read those books. I never did and could not relate to any of the interactions Cthulhu had with Cartman, I just didn't get it. The only good part of those 3 episodes was "Mint Berry Cah-runch!".

Humancentipad was just okay. Funnybot was dumb, I'm guessing it was a jab at Comedy Central for having that awards show? I just didn't really agree with there point that comedians don't deserve to be recognized for being good at what they do.

It's still a great show though considering it's age. Just not as amazing as it used to be. It's starting to remind me of Family Guy in that you can tell they're struggling to come up with ideas.

17. The Comedy Central awards show was a piece of shit thought up for ratings and commercial money, not anything to do with if its "ethical" for the comedic community to receive awards or not lol.

I didn't get Cthulhu either really but I thought the "we're sorry" parody of Tony Hayward was incredibly funny, I think they just meant to push it....oil spill was pretty serious, I thought they were just exaggerating it and showing Cthulhu was pretty much saying BP fucked everyone, I thought anyway.

Season 13 has to be one of the best season what are you talking about :p

Butters Bottom Bitch, Dead Celebrities, Pee, Margaritaville, Fishsticks, WTF, Whale Whores, F Word.....I loved them all lol.

Thought it was their best since season 10, which is my favorite overall season...possibly.

18. I like the earlier seasons than the new ones. Like you said, funnybot may be one of the worst episodes they made. They need more episodes of them making fun of certain people.

19. Yeah that was funny, I agree.

I meant 14, my bad. I just remember seeing Sexual Healing and thinking, fuck, South Park isn't always amazing anymore. It wasn't terrible, but not quite up to par. And that became a trend that hasn't really stopped IMO.

20. lol, they should bring back the better ideas for south park.